Limit Registration in the near future ?

AM33NAM33N Acolyte
edited August 2010 in Help and Suggestions
Hey all,
First, I have to give it to the owner of the site, kudos for the revival :- )
I've been in Totse for more than 4 years and hell it was the best around.
I know that this is still in the early stages and there aren't a lot of members but I'd like to know if you guys, admins, mods . . . etc will be considering a registration limit in the near future. Totse was awesome because its registration was limited. The community becomes tight and people will get to know each other better and it will be unlikely to get spammers, kids, dunno . . . etc into the site/bbs. I'm not trying to sound cheesy as I'm still new but I really think you guys should consider it before we end up like 4chan or other bbs sites :- ( infested with cancer,spammers and newfags 24/7.Any feedback on this would be much appreciated :- ) and again cheers for the revival :- P

originalx.gif

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    If we ever close the registration it will be only for a short time period and it will be a community decision. Also, as the site grows I will just add more Global Moderators and local Mods. I already have mods in place which can handle things without Admin intervention.

I am working on building a core, that core will keep this place in check and even if new users come here, they will have to deal with the community. As this point, I want 4000+ active users [referring to currently online users] and around 20,000-60,000 registered user base.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2010
    When we get good flow of registered traffic, I'd say it's a good idea
    But we'd need to open it up now and again so we can have fresh noobs to poke with sticks. After all, it's the totse way.:rolleyes:
    Not at the moment though...we don't wanna scare them off:p
    By the way...Did you always use that username or were you known by another.
    Always the shit to catch up with previous members:thumbsup:
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    I smell sarcasm.
    edited August 2010
    FrY wrote: »
    I smell sarcasm.
    It don't matter either way bro...he registered. It's bumped our user list.
    All his base are belong to us noa:D
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    They said we would have flying cars in the near future... :rolleyes:

But yeah, let's worry about getting more traffic before thinking about being exclusive.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Fresh meat is needed. STFU acolyte is a big part of the totse way. With a close that will be gone. I do agree that after 1000-2000 member there should be a restriction but a really fucking small one that barely affects but will keep out a few uncaring spammers. Right now the main goal it seems to me is to bring in noobs. Though you do like your close nit family relationships most of the people that come on dont say much and just kinda lurk and every once and awhile throw something out so dont be worried about the whole to many people to know people thing. When I started there was like 300 members and I pretty much already know most of the posters quite well and its easy to keep track. IMO
  • AM33NAM33N Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    bornkiller wrote: »
    By the way...Did you always use that username or were you known by another.
    Always the shit to catch up with previous members:thumbsup:
    This is my original username in the old totse, I used to hang a lot at Network (in)Security/ I Found it on the Web / Spurious Generalities, man I learned a lot :- ) geez, I might have that huge ass drawing that someone drew with all our usernames and qoutes, it was hand drawn and I liked it a lot ! if anyone remembers ? If I find it I'll upload it here :- ) There was a guy who was planing a worldwide meet-up, it was awesome but I was underage at that time so I couldn't make it :- ( Damn, I remember a lot of cool stuff that happened around here, those monthly sexy members of the community doing calendars with their pics, it was epic !
    edited August 2010
    AM33N wrote: »
    This is my original username in the old totse, I used to hang a lot at Network (in)Security/ I Found it on the Web / Spurious Generalities, man I learned a lot :- ) geez, I might have that huge ass drawing that someone drew with all our usernames and qoutes, it was hand drawn and I liked it a lot ! if anyone remembers ? If I find it I'll upload it here :- ) There was a guy who was planing a worldwide meet-up, it was awesome but I was underage at that time so I couldn't make it :- ( Damn, I remember a lot of cool stuff that happened around here, those monthly sexy members of the community doing calendars with their pics, it was epic !
    I still have that outdated totse girl calender somewhere.....did you know you can get small electric shocks when you rub your wet dick on a crt monitor.......It's an interesting fact.....& that shits feels great!:thumbsup:
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    ^ Thank you.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited August 2010
    I think we should instate a voting system to ban massive faggots from specific forums and/or the whole site if they are monumentous faggots. Then just keep reg open forever!