Since this place is an almost exact replica of the original Totse.....

McSkluvinMcSkluvin Regular
edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Does it even have the original flood control? :O

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    This enough flood control for you?

halo-ring.jpg
  • McSkluvinMcSkluvin Regular
    edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    This enough flood control for you?

halo-ring.jpg

:confused:
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2010
    All aboard the &T bus....There's a flood coming!

image.axd?picture=2010%2F8%2Fpakistan_flood.jpg
  • edited September 2014
    Thanks funny site <a href="http://www.andantebythesea.com/buy-azelastine/">buy azelastine</a> “Eric has been an excellent Board member for Apple, investing his valuable time, talent, passion and wisdom to help make Apple successful,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “Unfortunately, as Google enters more of Apple’s core businesses, with Android and now Chrome OS, Eric’s effectiveness as an Apple Board member will be significantly diminished, since he will have to recuse himself from even larger portions of our meetings due to potential conflicts of interest. Therefore, we have mutually decided that now is the right time for Eric to resign his position on Apple’s Board.”
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    30 Second Flood Control
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited August 2010
    I remember when Jeff first installed vBull and everybody was bitching about 60 second flood control and I only had 30 second for some reason.
  • edited August 2010
    60 seconds is waaay too long. Hell, even 30 seconds is too long in some cases. The good thing is that it means you have to write a substantial amount or informational post otherwise the flood control will stop you posting :P
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah the original was 60 sec. 30 is way better. We need it to avoid getting spammed, though. I guess if someone had a bot to post shit every 30 sec that would suck too, but we can't have no flood control like new orleans.
    edited August 2010
    Apparently even the search has flood control:
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 8 seconds.

:O
  • edited August 2010
    McSkluvin wrote: »
    Apparently even the search has flood control:

:O

That's probably to lessen the load put on the database. When people search the site, it puts a lot of strain on the database which could slow the site down (even more lol) or possibly crash it altogether if a co-ordinated DDoS attack took place.

I think.
  • ScuDScuD Regular
    edited August 2010
    Halo_2_Toyfare_86_Master_Chief_flood.jpg

FLOOD CONTROL haha
  • AKIRAAKIRA Regular
    edited August 2010
    woo flood control!
    edited August 2010
    Mods don't have it? Weird.
  • edited September 2010
    Mods seriously don't have flood control? That's not cool, what if one loses their account to some phishing scam and starts flooding the boards with crap?
    edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Yeah the original was 60 sec. 30 is way better. We need it to avoid getting spammed, though. I guess if someone had a bot to post shit every 30 sec that would suck too, but we can't have no flood control like new orleans.

You should know this one, kai. Flood Control on Totse was 63 seconds at one point. When wintermute was admin, she made it 5 minutes.

30 second flood control isn't even that bad compared to 5 minutes.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Mods seriously don't have flood control? That's not cool, what if one loses their account to some phishing scam and starts flooding the boards with crap?

Won't happen and even if that happens I am pretty active and we have Super mods in place and I can easily remove 1000s of posts with few clicks. I removed flood control from mods so they can contribute in their sections. Keep in mind, flood control is in place for mods when they're posting in other sections.

Example:
    I can flood SG.
    but I will get flood control in HB.
    Reason, I Mod SG and I am not a moderator of HB.
  • edited September 2010
    That's fair enough really. I don't really expect a mod to get phished here anyway :D

Also, 5 minute flood control!? WTF.
    edited September 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Won't happen and even if that happens I am pretty active and we have Super mods in place and I can easily remove 1000s of posts with few clicks. I removed flood control from mods so they can contribute in their sections. Keep in mind, flood control is in place for mods when they're posting in other sections.

Example:
    I can flood SG.
    but I will get flood control in HB.
    Reason, I Mod SG and I am not a moderator of HB.
    That's actually kinda cool.
    edited September 2010
    You should know this one, kai. Flood Control on Totse was 63 seconds at one point. When wintermute was admin, she made it 5 minutes.

30 second flood control isn't even that bad compared to 5 minutes.

I'm not Kai. I already told you this. I'm a completely different poster. Also I wasn't complaining about flood control. I was saying we need it to keep people from flooding the forum with spam. I don't remember when wintermute was an admin. I took long breaks from totse every so often, and I missed out on a lot towards the end.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited September 2010

It's probably already posted somewhere, but why is it it says "Regular" below your name and "Moderator" below the other moderators? Are you a semi-moderator? Is VBulletin racist?
    edited September 2010
    Amie wrote: »
    It's probably already posted somewhere, but why is it it says "Regular" below your name and "Moderator" below the other moderators? Are you a semi-moderator? Is VBulletin racist?

He doesn't like his real title :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Amie wrote: »

I am just a Regular user like you but I have some extra responsibilities. I like this title because it reminds me what I am and keeps me in check.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    I am just a Regular user like you but I have some extra responsibilities. I like this title because it reminds me what I am and keeps me in check.

It also enables you to surprise buttsecks on new members that flood the forums :thumbsup:

Undercover, I like it :cool:
    edited September 2010
    I'm not Kai. I already told you this. I'm a completely different poster.
    Of course you would say that, seeing as nobody liked you on the original totse, kai.

Also I wasn't complaining about flood control. I was saying we need it to keep people from flooding the forum with spam.
    I wasn't saying you WERE complaining, I was simply stating that as an original totse member, you should have remembered the ORIGINAL flood control time.
    I don't remember when wintermute was an admin. I took long breaks from totse every so often, and I missed out on a lot towards the end.

Wintermute was admin YEARS before totse shut down.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited September 2010
    The 30 second floor control on posts is great. I would be comfortable with it even less then that but sometimes the search flood control annoys me. Till I get a new laptop that is. My laptop double clicks a lot. So the flood control thinks I am searching twice and then i get a wait 30 seconds to re-search even though I hadnt even got there yet.
    edited September 2010
    jarkof wrote: »
    The 30 second floor control on posts is great. I would be comfortable with it even less then that but sometimes the search flood control annoys me. Till I get a new laptop that is. My laptop double clicks a lot. So the flood control thinks I am searching twice and then i get a wait 30 seconds to re-search even though I hadnt even got there yet.

Or instead of being a newfag you could just turn your thinkpad's touchclick control OFF, so it doesn't click every time you touch it.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited September 2010
    Fuck I love tap to click. Best computer idea ever.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    No need to worry about flooding.

Forum's virtually dead.
    edited September 2010
    Fuck I love tap to click. Best computer idea ever.

I hate it. Especially when I'm trying to drag something and it opens it when I move my finger, or when I'm trying to select a menu item and it clicks something else while the cursor is moving. It's pretty flawed if you ask me.
    edited September 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    No need to worry about flooding.

Forum's virtually dead.

I wasn't worried, I was just trying to make conversation. And conversation make I did......

And it's not dead, it's just in an early stage of life. Just like how the original Totse didn't die, it just went through mitosis. :thumbsup:
  • ScuDScuD Regular
    edited September 2010
    We're actually pretty lively considering we're about 2 months old :o

:thumbsup:
  • edited September 2010
    Dead? Hardly, people are posting all the time.
    edited September 2010
    We're actually pretty lively considering we're about 2 months old :o

We're going to lose our memberbase if this site continues to take 10 minutes to load every page.
    edited September 2010
    Of course you would say that, seeing as nobody liked you on the original totse, kai.

I wasn't saying you WERE complaining, I was simply stating that as an original totse member, you should have remembered the ORIGINAL flood control time.

Wintermute was admin YEARS before totse shut down.

I already showed you the screenshot of my totse account. I have the same username here. I'm not Kai from totse.

Yeah, I could bother to remember pointless details like 63 seconds instead of 60, but I chose to remember more important shit like the things I needed to learn for my classes. I was on totse for years, but I didn't bother to memorize everything about it. I never expected it to close.

I never gave a shit about who was admin or any of the site drama. I went there to post in S&A and a few other sections and that was it. Totse was just a website to me. I didn't live there, unlike a lot of posters, and I can't remember most of what went on there because I never wrote any of it down. Sorry I can't quote Snoopy or moonmeister for you.
  • edited September 2010
    We're going to lose our memberbase if this site continues to take 10 minutes to load every page.

This is definitely something we need to sort out. I'm going to make a thread about it in the Suggestions section to get some discussion going about it.
    edited September 2010
    I already showed you the screenshot of my totse account. I have the same username here. I'm not Kai from totse.

Yeah, I could bother to remember pointless details like 63 seconds instead of 60, but I chose to remember more important shit like the things I needed to learn for my classes. I was on totse for years, but I didn't bother to memorize everything about it. I never expected it to close.

I never gave a shit about who was admin or any of the site drama. I went there to post in S&A and a few other sections and that was it. Totse was just a website to me. I didn't live there, unlike a lot of posters, and I can't remember most of what went on there because I never wrote any of it down. Sorry I can't quote Snoopy or moonmeister for you.

Yeah, a screenshot of your account doesn't prove much. I already said that.

You must be a fucking retard if you've been in college for more than 10 years.

It's funny that you're such an active member now but "never" were back then. Go fuck yourself, kai.
    edited September 2010
    I think one thing that would make it load faster is to make it so all pictures are automatically re-sized to a preview thumbnail, at least until the server gets an upgrade and can load things faster. There are a few threads that have huge pictures that make it take a long time to load the page, and it's not that hard to click on a preview and load it in a new tab or window.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    McSkluvin wrote: »
    I wasn't worried, I was just trying to make conversation. And conversation make I did......

And it's not dead, it's just in an early stage of life. Just like how the original Totse didn't die, it just went through mitosis. :thumbsup:

Love the optimism.

Too bad it took 2 minutes for this page to load. :thumbsup:
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, a screenshot of your account doesn't prove much. I already said that.

You must be a fucking retard if you've been in college for more than 10 years.

It's funny that you're such an active member now but "never" were back then. Go fuck yourself, kai.

I've already said that I'm not kai, so go fuck yourself. I'm done arguing that point. On the other issue, I posted a lot when I was in high school, less when I was in college, and virtually not at all when I was in grad school, and then totse closed. The end.
    edited September 2010
    ^^^Yea that probably isn't going to help gain any new members anytime soon. We really need to fix that:facepalm: we can't expect all of our users to turn off their javascript if they want to visit here. I know that would put me off from visiting this site.

Is javascript what's causing it? Due to what?
    edited September 2010
    Is javascript what's causing it? Due to what?

Think it's something to do with wordpress conflicting with another script.
    edited September 2010
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Think it's something to do with wordpress conclicting with another script.

Really? We don't even use wordpress yet.....? Will moving things forward and getting that set up fix it, or does hellfish need to just can it?

Is there a thread floating around about this? This one seems to be getting off topic.
    edited September 2010
    Really? We don't even use wordpress yet.....? Will moving things forward and getting that set up fix it, or does hellfish need to just can it?

Is there a thread floating around about this? This one seems to be getting off topic.

http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=4603
    Last post bro ;)
    It's seems a bit better on my side of the world. A couple of loose ends but better than before.
    edited September 2010
    This one seems to be getting off topic.

Yes, I will have to infract the next user to go off-topic in my thread! :mad:

On another vBulletin site, the flood control is 47 seconds. Why make it such a weird number? I understand why that one is so big, because it's a website with full picture sizes, avatars, pictures in signatures, and a shitload of people, so it would go slow if people were posting every few seconds. And the whole full-sized pictures, avatars, and sig pics wasn't that annoying at first, but when I start scrolling down a page it suddenly jumps around as all these pictures load at once. :mad:

/rant
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited September 2010
    Ok there is a lot of shit going on now. Yes totse is running slow. Turning javascript off fixes it. But nobody really wants to do that. For now just use google chrome. Works great and all the pages load like they used to. Now fanglekai I do believe you because I could tell right away that you had about as much knowledge as me to the whole totse thing. What would you accomplish by lying. Helladamnleet. You need to calm down. Your a cool cat but so what if one person may or may not be this old member you knew. He is a good poster now and cool shit and thats really all that matters. And as for the up above quote telling me to turn the touchpads clicker off. I dont use it. I have the left and right buttons. My right button is double clicking so no sir that wont fix it. But it is not really an issue. There I think I have talked about every single issue that was mentioned.
    edited September 2010
    It pisses me off because I'm not kai from totse. I'm using the same fucking username I used on totse, and I don't want people to think I'm him when I'm not. He was hated because he was a big douche. It's annoying that helladamnleet won't listen to me. He's brought it up in at least 3 or 4 threads now, and I've told him repeatedly that I am not kai from totse. I was fanglekai there and I'm fanglekai here. I'm tired of arguing it.

Back on topic, totse seems to be working now. I think Dfg fixed whatever the issue was, which was something to do with wordpress.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited September 2010
    Yes I know he has because I have seen him do it. That is why I threw my two cents out there. There is a distinct difference and you are not a douche therefor why would you be that fag.

But yeah back to topic. Did he really fix it. I haven't used mozilla for a little while just because I was waiting for someone to say something. Like all is good again. So I have been using chrome for awhile now.
    edited September 2010
    It's annoying that helladamnleet won't listen to me. He's brought it up in at least 3 or 4 threads now, and I've told him repeatedly that I am not kai from totse. I was fanglekai there and I'm fanglekai here. I'm tired of arguing it.

Back on topic, totse seems to be working now. I think Dfg fixed whatever the issue was, which was something to do with wordpress.

Who says that was the topic! :mad:

Jk..... But you should really just ignore him, people like that shut up eventually, but you have to persistently ignore them. Works for me anyway. :thumbsup:

And yeah, it seems to be working fine. Hopefully that stays and we can figure out how to get new members here. I'm sure DFG has plenty of ideas for that as I've seen him do similar things to pull members to another site, but we can of course think of our own. :thumbsup:
    edited September 2010
    Fuck I wanna sammich!:mad:
    What was the topic again? :confused:
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited September 2010
    Do you want a dogsammich???