Make Your Own Pesticide. [Published]

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited May 2011 in Life
Pesticide.jpg

Everybody hates bugs in there house. If you don't feel like buying a pesticide or bug spray from the store use this guide to make your own. Tobacco tea is effective for killing most bugs. Nicotine is a very potent poison. This will be a very short guide because this is very easy to do.

What you'll need
  1. 1 cup of tobacco. If your cheap you can always use the tobacco from cigarette butt's to due this.
  2. 1 gallon of water
  3. A container of some kind
  4. An empty spray bottle.

The Process

All you have to do is mix the tobacco and the water inside the container and let this sit for 24 hours. Once you do this filter out the tobacco leaves and funnel the solution into a spray bottle. Congratulations you now have a cheap easy to make effective bug spray.

Comments

• MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited September 2010
    Im not too sure of the toxicity mechanism of nicotine in organisms, but if its anything like a neurotoxin, then it would be pretty similar to whats inside Raid or something. how potent would this be when a smaller amount of water is used?
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    Pretty potent. Nicotine is very deadly to most bugs Ive killed bugs before just by blowing enough cigarette smoke at them.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Taken from: DIY
    CMS Status:
  • BlackTerritoryBlackTerritory New Arrival
    edited April 2011
    Instead of spraying tobacco water all over your house, not to mention wasting tobacco, use e cigarette juice.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited April 2011
    does this also work with the red headed and black assed army ants. i have a colony in my backyard that iv been trying to get rid of for 2 years. iv burned them iv raided the fuck outa them iv even got some black powder and funneled it into the colony and blown those fuckers up. im out of options as i used them all except this.
  • edited April 2011
    JestA wrote: »
    does this also work with the red headed and black assed army ants. i have a colony in my backyard that iv been trying to get rid of for 2 years. iv burned them iv raided the fuck outa them iv even got some black powder and funneled it into the colony and blown those fuckers up. im out of options as i used them all except this.

Have you tried pouring a load of volatile shit down there, like bleach and white spirit?
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited April 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Have you tried pouring a load of volatile shit down there, like bleach and white spirit?
    Iv tried bleach, everclear, motor oil, club soda, and pretty much anything that looked toxic and or made to kill things.
  • edited April 2011
    Try this nicotine solution in a large quantity, and pour it into the colony. Hopefully it should sort them out good.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited April 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Try this nicotine solution in a large quantity, and pour it into the colony. Hopefully it should sort them out good.

This is what i do to access the colony directly. (if anyone wishes to know) i take a asphalt tamper and harden the ground around the entrance as possible and wait maybe 2 days for the ants to regroup and repair the entrance. ounce they have a decent hole make it a lil wider to fit your funnel. then wait a few days. after they have used the wider entrance enough to make it sturdy insert funnel and pour away. :thumbsdown::thumbsup:
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    Use petrol, Pour about a pint in. Have a cup of tea or something. Come back and pout another pint in - you are not wanting to soak everything in petrol, you want the next to fill up with fumes.

Pour another pint in and give it 2-5 minutes. Easiest way to light it is to run some petrol along the ground and light it from a distance - 10 feet for an ants nest, maybe more if it is wasps living in rubble that has been there for years and is coverd in vegitation / soil as you dont know how big the nest is underground and you could get a lot of shit blown in your eyes / light burns.

It will make a nice boom when it goes. It will get red hot in the nest, but the shock will do the best damage.

Using the nicotine, you would not get the penetration into the nest you need.

If you are into nice little fires, pour a couple of gallons of parafin on an ant nest, leave it to soak through for an hour then set it away. It will burn away to nothing.