The Men Who Stare At Goats [2009]

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
[This review might contain spoilers. But they are minor in nature and will not spoil your movie. I know most about the story and i still enjoyed it. So, take a chill pill. Movie torrent details in the pdf.]

Be All You Can Be is the message of the Jedi Warriors adopted by the US Army. It’s a message of hope and freedom which can liberate any soul. It’s the way of the Jedi warriors who fight with powers of nature and strike fear in the hearts of their enemies. The Men Who Stare at Goats is a movie which liberates your minds and makes you believe in the power of The New Earth Army.

The movie makes a believer out of you. It starts with a small town reporter who is seeking a way to bring his life back together and to become something better than he was before. He gets his lucky chance thanks to a small interview. With the knowledge from that interview he ventures out in the world to prove himself.

He later meets a former Jedi Warrior [Lyn Cassady] of the New Earth Army who guides him throughout the movie. From that point onwards Bob [The reporter] becomes the critic in the movie. Reviewing the ways of The New Earth Army and trying to find loopholes in their methodology. I am sure most of us would take Bob side when it comes to the argument of passing through solid walls and trying to stares at goats. But that’s not the goal of the New Earth Army, the goal is to create a super solider, a Jedi who is capable of doing extraordinary things, a Jedi who can end conflicts without using guns.

The concept might seem radical and funny to some but after you think about it, it does make sense. Wouldn’t it be a lot easier if we focused on the root cause of the problems and spread the message of love and trying to end conflicts without killing people? Wouldn’t it be much better if we for once stopped bombing innocent civilians and sent out team of Jedi Warriors who would take control of the situation and resolve the problem with minimum damage?

This movie which would seem like a joke to most of the viewers but can be a catalyst that will start a revolution that will bring change in the way we think about wars. The New Earth Army might not be perfect but it has some potential which we can use NOW. It follows many different principles of fighting and its objective are very clear; “to aid soldiers in combat and to make them one with nature”.

I listened to the book and I was laughing like the rest of the world at the USA and other countries. The millions they wasted on the research but after watching the movie I am laughing at myself. You need to believe it people, it might seem funny or ridiculous but the human mind has the potential to do extraordinary things and we just can’t sit here and do nothing about it.

What I really enjoyed about this movie was the story telling. The book which this movie is based on introduces too many characters to deal with but the movie has the keep it simple approach which makes it easier to enjoy the experience. The director did a fantastic job of passing the message of the New Earth Army while keeping an eye out for entertainment. But it would be much better if they didn’t focus too much on making fun out of the concept.
Overall, this movie has a potential to touch many viewers deeply, if you watch this movie with an open eye and concentrate what is going around in the world. The concept of having a Jedi Army wouldn’t seem too bad. Of course we would need some LSD to get the process rolling.

In the end, the world needs people who think outside of the box. This movie might seem like a joke but only a true Jedi Warrior can grasp the true meaning of The New Earth Army.

Screencaps:
picture.php?albumid=255&pictureid=1429
picture.php?albumid=255&pictureid=1430
picture.php?albumid=255&pictureid=1431

Download Pdf (contains more images and torrent details): PDF | Mirror Two