The Tournament [2009]

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Every seven years in an unsuspecting town, The Tournament takes place. A battle royale between 30 of the world's deadliest assassins. The last man standing receiving the $10,000,000 cash prize and the title of Worlds No 1, which itself carries the legendary million dollar a bullet price tag.

So, what happens when you throw around 30 assassins who are trained in the dark arts of killing people without remorse and then you add some cash. Well, the answer is simple. [You get buttsecks! nah not really.] You get tons of actions scenes with people trying to kill each other and all the time trying to act like some hardcore assassin who kills without fear.
picture.php?albumid=255&pictureid=1376

Personally, if you're thinking about the storyline and the background of the characters and what they are going through in the movie then you're an idiot. Films such as these are just insane and they just love blowing stuff up and adding massive amount of gore just for the heck of it.

The movie starts off well and I can tell from the first action scene that I will see plenty of gore and fight scenes. However, the director thought it would be wise just to add the good guy and bad element and add some revenge killing and whatnot. On a personal level I agree with him because there isn't much to see except dudes killing dudes with guns and grenades.

The lead roles are pretty okay, I mean you don't feel attached to them because you don't really have a time for that and the whole priest thingy didn't really work for me . I will not go into details but it's the only part which I didn't enjoy.

The fight scenes are well worked but they aren't that good compared to others movies but they still give you plenty of Aww and holy shit moments but only if you're a bit high and your neck is hurting and you don't have anything else to do. (just kidding)

Let’s focus on the main part, tits and rape. No, I am surprised to see that this movie is pretty clean and I tried my best but I couldn't get a full tit shot and nor was there any rape involved although the second fight had me going for a rape and kill scene but alas it didn't work out.

I forgot if you're a pyro fan then you will love this movie, there are some pretty good bomb scenes and you see fire almost everywhere but the movie was shot in Great Britain and.... yeah well I wish they would kill some real people.

So, in the end if you have nothing fun to watch and you want to see some action movie give Tournament a shot and have a good time.
Screencaps
picture.php?albumid=255&pictureid=1373

picture.php?albumid=255&pictureid=1375

picture.php?albumid=255&pictureid=1374

picture.php?albumid=255&pictureid=1377

picture.php?albumid=255&pictureid=1372