Smokin Aces [2010]

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities

Well, I did saw the first Smokin Aces movie and because I enjoyed the first movie I decided to take a leap of faith and watch this movie anyway. To say I was a bit disappointed and the movie lacked direction and the majority of the scenes weren’t shot that good and the acting wasn’t close enough to the original would be an understatement. Don’t get me wrong I can stomach any movie which Hollywood can throw at me but sometimes I do wish they didn’t jump of the money wagon and ruin memory of the original movies.

The only thing going for me throughout the movie was the assassin Ariella Martinez and thanks to her I didn’t have to worry about the other loop holes in the movie. It seems the director and producers weren’t interested in doing this movie and the apparent copy pasta of the story proves it.

There are some good scenes in the movie and the first 20 minutes did seem promising. They should have tried something new. I mean the first movie covered certain sections pretty well and nobody likes to see the same thing repeated again. The thing that pissed me off was the effects used in the movie. I mean the blowup scene was so faked I literally wanted to skip that scene which I rarely do.

Unfortunately, apart from the hotties I can’t focus on any good sides of the movie. The plot was predictable and the ending was okay. The actors were unheard off and the original cast is nowhere to be found. The fight scenes were a bit dull and the explosions lacked the punch and the WOW factor.
I think this movie is just a rip off the original movie and this time they even tried to get the assassin love story but it was poorly placed and too short to notice.

Overall this is movie is definitely watch and forget. Some of you will enjoy it because it has action but I don’t think you will get much thrills from it.

Download the pdf: (Includes images) PDF
Screencaps:
picture.php?albumid=255&pictureid=1391
picture.php?albumid=255&pictureid=1390
picture.php?albumid=255&pictureid=1389

Alternative download link: PDF | Mirror Two

Comments

• mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    You're just crankin' these movies out huh?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    mashlehash wrote: »
    You're just crankin' these movies out huh?

I am just moving my threads from Zoklet to Totse :D.

Man I contributed there A LOT!
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    I am just moving my threads from Zoklet to Totse :D.

Man I contributed there A LOT!

Oh I see.

No shit. You put alot of effort into bettering that community. Maybe more-so than zok's lazy ass because all he cared about was avatar contests.