Up in the Air [2009]

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Up%20in%20the%20Air.jpg

Imdb:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1193138/

There are some movies that are just beautiful to watch while there are other movies which are just too emotional and connect with some inner part of you. Up in the Air is the balance of both. From the get go you're hooked to a story which is emotional and touching. In this world of everything is digital where people avoid getting too involved or dependent on others people seem to take things like love, marriage for granted which is a shame and this movie passively just shows you that point.

Ryan (George) has this dashing personality which makes him get some hot chics on every stop and trust me I was noting down his moves and the way he roles. But the funny thing is, when you reach in the middle of the movie you start having second thoughts, like maybe settling down and having someone to care for you or think about you isn't such a bad idea or this whole lifestyle isn't that good after all.

The thing is most of our current generation seem to back out of family and try to isolate themselves or just look busy. This movie just opens up that shameful chapter which I think some of us share. Although I am not saying that we have a good job and we just go from place to place collecting air miles and firing people but we tend to isolate ourselves in an environment which is pretty much like that.

Anyway, the part I loved was the firing act. The way to talk and show the person there is a way after all. I don't know about you but guys but if you're into drama and love to see some real life drama played on the big screen you will enjoy this movie. It's just a beautiful movie based on an awesome book which I will make sure to read.

I think I did get a bit emotional on some scenes which focused on people who have families and children and they are about to get fired. The feeling of helplessness is there and you feel the emotional burden which that guy is going through and you seem to share his feelings on some level.

One of the best movies of 2009. Worth archiving.

Btw some of you guys will hate this movie and call it a waste of time. This movie on the whole is pretty good but it might not work for everyone.