Tell Tale [2009]

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities

If you’re a fan of the paranormal or weird situations this movie might intrigue you. The story starts with a heart transplant operation and then it slowly moves on to something big which involves some murders. Terry who is played by Josh Lucas has a heart condition and after a long wait his heart gets transplanted. All is well for Terry, his little daughter who is suffering from a rare bone disease is happy to have him back and his love interest is just glad to see him live once more.

The film revolves around the idea of tissue memory which if you did some research focuses on human tissues keeping some memory from their previous hosts. Terry who is having a hard adjusting suddenly feels a bit different. His heart is actually taking over his body and changing him from the inside. What happens next is…. Well, you will have to watch the movie to find out.

What I enjoyed about the film were the sound effects, if you have a decent stereo setup with some massive sub woofers you will enjoy the heart beating sound scenes. Whenever Terry gets a bit out of control his heart starts to beat faster and keeps on increasing until something happens. Those little sound effects play a major role in the movie and frankly I enjoyed that part very much.

From story point of view the plot was pretty decent and the director was careful with the twists. For an average movie geek the whole plot would seem predictable but I can assure you it might seem like a simple movie but it really isn’t. So, the question is; does it give a lasting impression? The answer unfortunately is No. The movie at best is decent and watchable but it’s not anywhere near good enough to bother watching again.

Sure the story is good and the acting is pretty neat considering the plot but it doesn’t have that kick. From the start you’re like okay, I will have to see it so better get rolling and sadly that feelings just keeps on going until you reach in the middle where everything is just collapsing on Terry.

Another thing which I didn’t like in the movie was the loop hole in the plot. There are numerous scenes which could have been better if the director had to foresight to make it look real. Killing people and then going off isn’t what happens in normal situation. You get caught!

In the end the real question is would you watch a movie which is a bit restrictive and doesn’t put something new on the table? Well, I answer it for you. Yes, I know it’s not the best movie out there but it has some potential to survive. Not everyone will enjoy it and only few drama, Sci-Fi, horror and thriller fans would appreciate this movie.

I didn’t have high hopes for this movie to start with so I am not disappointed. Except to see some gore and knifes.

Just to give you an idea about the beating of the heart, Watch this amazing animation which is based on a short story by Edgar Allen Poe. The movie takes some concepts of the beating heart from this story and after watching the movie you will see the similarities.

Screen Caps

picture.php?albumid=255&pictureid=1396
picture.php?albumid=255&pictureid=1397
picture.php?albumid=255&pictureid=1398

Pdf: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=15739475502118638347
Alternative download link: PDF | Mirror Two

Comments