A little experiment with Morning Glorys

McSkluvinMcSkluvin Regular
edited October 2010 in Life
Well just one of them anyway, unless the other few ones I planted sprout. It's been real cold on LS Island lately, and I'm surprised in the last few days that my plant even grew to a little more than an inch. So I decided to take some aluminum foil, twisted it into a coil, and stuck it partway into the soil. I'm hoping it will draw out heat from the soil and keep the plant somewhat warm, or at least not as cold.

I'm also guessing since plants seem to grow towards light, that since the aluminum is a reflective surface, it will grow towards it and wrap around it, which hopefully will also keep it warm.

I also put a pen loosely in the soil next to it, and I'm hoping when the plant gets bigger, part of it will wrap around it and maybe it will lift the pen as it grows, making it look like it's holding it, lol. I'm thinking now that the pen might be too heavy and instead I should use a small pencil. :S

I'm just growing it because I need fresh oxygen in my room, and it gives me something to do.

Edit: "So I decided to take some aluminum foil, twisted it into a coil, and stuck it partway into the soil." lol, unintentional rhymes.

Comments