Why did Zoklet suck?

JackJack Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I never got involved in the politics of the forum, that sort of thing; I just posted, so I never got the idea of why people are dissatisfied with Zoklet. My main problem was that it never felt like home, even with the Nostalgia skin on. This does.

Can anyone list the main issues with Zoklet?

Thanks

Comments

• mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    It's because alot of the mods there were power hungry and were generally dicks to everyone. Also, pretty much everyone was trolling one way or another.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    I don't like listing it. It's a bit of a painful memory.

But here some of the main points:
    A) Lack of leadership and unity.
    B) No mission statement.
    C) Mods not leading the forums.

I will add more points. I am not saying Zoklet sucks etc. I am just listing things which in a way make it suck when looked from a different viewpoint.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    it aint too bad. a lot of the specialty boards are pretty good there if the boards are self regulated. im still a mod there and try to ensure that happens.

the story of power hungry mods certainly does hold a bit of weight, and i think that actually catalyzes the lower quality of posts.

but still, the weapon, cooking, and the health forums are a few examples of places that are still pretty good.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Too many reasons. In the beginning it was stressed it was going to steal/absorb as many Totse members as it could like a Jew drinks money and the staff never listened to the members when they tried to seriously improve the site. Plus it took a solid year before they even made an attempt to do something useful with the site.

Lots more bullshit but I'm not going to write a novel about it.
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    Zoklet thinking there were experts on every subject lawl.
  • Brock SamsonBrock Samson Regular
    edited July 2010
    It was run by a "black man" so it was destined to fail from the start.
  • edited July 2010
    It was run by a "black man" so it was destined to fail from the start.

Seconded.

Also faggot mods, etc.
  • corduroycorduroy Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    The lack of an anonymous overlord was a big factor I think.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    corduroy wrote: »
    The lack of an anonymous overlord was a big factor I think.

This. We were always getting mad at the owner of the site, therefore making us hate the site itself. He was like... the "voice" of the forum, and everything he said was ridiculous.

Whereas Jeff just came by once... twice... three times tops a year and talked about a new server, or technical things. He didn't get personal with us, calling members or out or talking about how he's modding his favorite female ex-girlfriend, so it was impossible to really judge him.
    edited July 2010
    Blunderful wrote: »
    This. We were always getting mad at the owner of the site, therefore making us hate the site itself. He was like... the "voice" of the forum, and everything he said was ridiculous.

Whereas Jeff just came by once... twice... three times tops a year and talked about a new server, or technical things. He didn't get personal with us, calling members or out or talking about how he's modding his favorite female ex-girlfriend, so it was impossible to really judge him.

This is exactly what I wrote a big schpeel about from the beginning. All about how Fish/Deus should be the ones maintaining the physical parts of the site with Zok doing it here and there while the staff does their own separate job in their forums.

It fell on deaf ears as always, but goddamn some of the staff took shit personal as if the digital life was more sentimental than their real one. I think in the past 15 months people have gone soft and need to realize they are always somebody's bitch online as well as offline. :mad: Using authority to try and counteract that just makes you a bigger looking bitch, something people like Wires and Spectral never got lol.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    The brown man is my reason.
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    1. The fact that if the mods didn't like you they could ban/infract you for anything under the guise of "trolling".

2. Zok was a weak pussy of a leader, he was constantly arguing with other users he didn't agree with.

3. It wasn't totse.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Blunderful wrote: »

LSA King wrote: »
    This is exactly what I wrote a big schpeel about from the beginning. All about how Fish/Deus should be the ones maintaining the physical parts of the site with Zok doing it here and there while the staff does their own separate job in their forums.

It fell on deaf ears as always, but goddamn some of the staff took shit personal as if the digital life was more sentimental than their real one. I think in the past 15 months people have gone soft and need to realize they are always somebody's bitch online as well as offline. :mad: Using authority to try and counteract that just makes you a bigger looking bitch, something people like Wires and Spectral never got lol.

These.

I hope Hellish doesnt mod his girlfriend in hopes of getting a free ticket to anal. Fuuuuuck wed be screwed lol.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    These.

I hope Hellish doesnt mod his girlfriend in hopes of getting a free ticket to anal. Fuuuuuck wed be screwed lol.

Nah, I don't think he will do that. Plus, it will be fucking hard to mod this place anyway. Hell, I wouldn't dare touch Totse in any wrong way. When it comes to Totse it's fucking serious business.
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Nah, I don't think he will do that. Plus, it will be fucking hard to mod this place anyway. Hell, I wouldn't dare touch Totse in any wrong way. When it comes to Totse it's fucking serious business.

Touch it in a wrong way? That sounds dirty. :rolleyes:
    edited July 2010
    I hope Hellish becomes as mysterious as Jeff was. Anyone know anything about him besides 4J who sucked him off for Super Mod (j/k lol). Sounds familiar from Totse but I can't put a finger on it.

I see a second account looming to build upon his annonymity.
    edited July 2010
    I hope Hellish becomes as mysterious as Jeff was. Anyone know anything about him besides 4J who sucked him off for Super Mod (j/k lol). Sounds familiar from Totse but I can't put a finger on it.

Annonymity? I'm supposed to be the only secret one here. :(
  • Brock SamsonBrock Samson Regular
    edited July 2010

I heard he was raised by wolves in the jungles of Borneo, he's more beast than man now...

But seriously, if he's anything like Jeff we should be good to go.
    edited July 2010
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Annonymity? I'm supposed to be the only secret one here. :(

LOL you need to start working on it :D.

I heard he was raised by wolves in the jungles of Borneo, he's more beast than man now...

But seriously, if he's anything like Jeff we should be good to go.

I found a picture of HELLISH!

hellraiser-posters.jpg
    edited July 2010
    LOL you need to start working on it :D.

I found a picture of HELLISH!

hellraiser-posters.jpg

He looks pretty dangerous. :(
  • CatchMeIfYouCanCatchMeIfYouCan Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    The mod choices were poor and they were so thin-skinned (vladie and kelsokid, anyone?). Not to mention banning of the most contributive members.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for all the replies. :)
  • ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Lack of strong leadership, no unity at all, didn't feel like Totse, abusive mods, and Zok always modding his e-girlfriends. (First Kinkou then Wires)