LaVeyan Satanism

Turd_SmasherTurd_Smasher Regular
edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth:

1) Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2) Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3) When in another’s home, show them respect or else do not go there.
4) If a guest in your home annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
5) Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6) Do not take that which does not belong to you, unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
7) Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8) Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9) Do not harm young children.
10) Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11) When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them.

More like pussyism. If there is a Satan, I doubt he would give two shits about rape(#5) or pedophilia/child cruelty(#9) towards humans.

Edit: The Church of Satan also held a pre halloween benefit to donate money to Hurricane Katrina victims. Now THAT, is hardcore Satanism!!!11

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    What I always hated the most about Satanists is how according to the satanic bible one of the "Satanic laws" is
    Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

Yet you'll find that a typical teen satanist is the first one to offer his opinions on a subject whether you asked for them or not.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah some of those things are kind of unreasonable especially things like that Satanic Law quoted above -- a large part of conversation consists of volunteering advice or opinion without being explicitly asked. The best explanation I've heard for things like this is that, first and foremost, Satanism is about finding what works in your best interest, not so much following these tenets rigidly.
    edited December 2010
    The philosophy itself isn't that bad my problem with it comes from the people who generally call themselves satanists. They're usually angst filled goth kids and the label of satanism to me serves no purpose aside from attention whoring.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah it is a pretty cool philosophy. I noticed the same problem, though -- I don't see any self-labeled Satanists who aren't "rebellious" kids trying to shit all over whatever mainstream religion they just wised up to and left. Reactionism.

Of course it could just be that legit Satanists are the sort who don't tell everyone who'll listen.

I'm actually still not sure about Satanism. They charge like $200 for a membership in the official Church. I bet they get a great laugh when people actually pay for that shit.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited January 2011
    Anyone who takes LaVey seriously is a tard.
    In my opinion he was trolling HARD!
    edited January 2011
    angryonion wrote: »

This. I have complete respect for LaVey himself. He found a way to make money and get laid based on peoples desire to rebel. It's the people who don't realize the whole thing was an elaborate con and follow it well... religiously that are idiots.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    That kind of satanism is yet another cult. Like Jack said, they charge you a huge amount of money to get in their and pretty much act like you'd act if you were a critical thinker and had some ethical/moral values and were an individualistic individual (lol).

Sadly, the philosophy they propose, IMO, is decent, as being a "satanist" like they claim isn't really evil. However most people that follow that are probably angsty teenagers that listen to shit like Cradle of Filth all day long and are social inepts.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    Jack wrote: »
    Yeah it is a pretty cool philosophy. I noticed the same problem, though -- I don't see any self-labeled Satanists who aren't "rebellious" kids trying to shit all over whatever mainstream religion they just wised up to and left. Reactionism.

Of course it could just be that legit Satanists are the sort who don't tell everyone who'll listen.

I'm actually still not sure about Satanism. They charge like $200 for a membership in the official Church. I bet they get a great laugh when people actually pay for that shit.

That is as accurate assessment now as it was 30 years ago. What these types miss entirely is that LaVey was (aside from being mostly full of shit) not a believer in Satan. In fact his "brand" of Satanism was mostly a reverse of Christianity/Catholicism in that the doctrine denied the existence of God and Satan.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited January 2011
    In fact his "brand" of Satanism was mostly a reverse of Christianity/Catholicism...
    The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth:

9) Do not harm young children.

This is a lot more funny taken out of context.
    edited January 2011
    This is a lot more funny taken out of context.

LULz

ICWUTUDIDTHAR
    edited January 2011
    All Satanism really amounts to is a hedonistic way of life. "Satan" is symbolic for all the things Christianity says are wrong for example greed lust hatred. All Lavey really said was to live for you and you only. I don't agree with his philosophy but I can respect it except for the "Satanist" title. I see why he called it satanism and it was for the shock value/ In the end the only reason to call yourself a "satanist" is for the negative attention rebellious teens seek.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited January 2011
    LaVeyan Satanism was created by a bunch of idiot hippies, states Rolf, like Wicca was, note why both are shit, states Rolf.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited January 2011
    I give all my respect towards the all mighty Vortex! And the all mighty rolf who is mightier
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited February 2011
    Is there a Devil/god that allows/encourage Pedo, Murder, Theft, rape, sodomy, so on and on....?
  • edited February 2011
    Is there a Devil/god that allows/encourage Pedo, Murder, Theft, rape, sodomy, so on and on....?

Allah in the Islamic tradition allowed his "prophet" mudhammad (piss be upon him) to commit all of these acts.
  • jewnosejewnose Regular
    edited February 2011
    What I've seen so far is that people who really go by what is supposed to be satanism don't call themselves satanists. That word has been taken by the angsty teens who have no idea what they're talking about. Instead, they usually call themselves different things. But I'm high right now and can't think of any of them.
    angryonion wrote: »

So you decided to start rapping about it? :)
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited February 2011
    LaVey: Smart, manipulative motherfucker. Respect goes to him.

LaVeyan Satanists: Complete waste of carbon. Rebelling teenagers, Goths, edgy faggots. Incapable of thinking for themselves. Follow a "religion" that was created for shock value.

Actual Satanists: Decent folks, generally. You wouldn't know who actually subscribes to the faith right off the bat. You're more likely to think they're love the earth hippies than satanists.

It's not much different than most earthy-based religions like paganism and wicca. They're all modernizations of ancient religions. Sure, some names and practices have been changed over the centuries, but every religion does that.
  • edited February 2011
    Do as thou will shall be the whole of the law. Anything else is bunk.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited February 2011
    Allah in the Islamic tradition allowed his "prophet" mudhammad (piss be upon him) to commit all of these acts.

That sucks.

I herd a story that the reason satan was kicked out

of heaven(christian bible), was the fact that he was white and

god and jesus are niggers. So automatic Discrimination

Pissed off satan. And hes being trying to pay back god

thats why there was slavery.:hai:
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited February 2011
    That sucks.

lol :thumbsup:
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited February 2011
    That sucks.

This is logic I can support.

This means Satan advocates efficiency.

Slavery gets shit done, after all.
    edited February 2011
    LaVey: Smart, manipulative motherfucker. Respect goes to him.

LaVeyan Satanists: Complete waste of carbon. Rebelling teenagers, Goths, edgy faggots. Incapable of thinking for themselves. Follow a "religion" that was created for shock value.

Actual Satanists: Decent folks, generally. You wouldn't know who actually subscribes to the faith right off the bat. You're more likely to think they're love the earth hippies than satanists.

It's not much different than most earthy-based religions like paganism and wicca. They're all modernizations of ancient religions. Sure, some names and practices have been changed over the centuries, but every religion does that.

^Most accurate post ITT :thumbsup:
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited February 2011
    Here's a great example of what this particular brand of Satanism produces.

Yep... Douchebags in clown hats...
  • edited February 2011
    Here's a great example of what this particular brand of Satanism produces.

Yep... Douchebags in clown hats...

I thought that was what the Insane Clown Posse produced
    edited February 2011
    I thought that was what the Insane Clown Posse produced

ICP produces Christian douchebags in clown hats.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    Yet you'll find that a typical teen satanist is the first one to offer his opinions on a subject whether you asked for them or not.

So. Damn. True.

My ex was into this. I never quite got my head round it. I live by the rules i create. Never anyone elses.
  • edited February 2011
    When did Satanism get confused with libertarianism and stoicism?
    edited February 2011
    When did Satanism get confused with libertarianism and stoicism?

When Anton LaVey wanted money and decided to start a religion.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited February 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    So. Damn. True.

My ex was into this. I never quite got my head round it. I live by the rules i create. Never anyone elses.

Good. The thing about LaVeyan Satanism is that they don't want you to subscribe to it unless you already identify with it. They say that a Satanist is already; does not become.