Fox Call for Obama to Nuke Oil Spill

edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities

Posted by Greenbull

Comments

• Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    How can they claim there will be no contamination? Where do they think the radiation goes? Or do they mean surface contamination only? Because that would be very shallow of them.
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2010
    First post on Totse.info! I hail from Zoklet (I won't disclose my username from over there). Glad to be here.

I can't say I can understand the exact thinking behind using a nuclear detonation, and how it will fix the spill. But from the video it seems they are merely basing this idea off a decade or two old idea from the Soviets . Have they even ran test trials or anything beforehand themselves, to see its effects firsthand?!

The spill has already been sooo detrimental, far worse than what the media (American) would care to share, with toxic methane gases well above safe levels being breathed by the gulfs population. I don't think it could get much worse tbh.

From what I've read elsewhere, it is not just the main valve that is gushing oil, however it is seeping through unstable cracks even kilometers away. How would a powerful detonation do anything but make that worse? Again, I do not know the complete scientific basis of the idea though. I guess we'll see...
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    ^ why won't you say who you are?? Good name tho.

I'm pretty sure the US won't be doing this but if they do and it works, BP and the Feds are gonna look like a bunch of cunts. Not that BP has nukes but seriously, what kind of joint operation do they got going there? Must be one where they're mostly just blazing joints and not really worrying about the spill :o
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm just surprised they're talking about this on a news program.

They have this vaguely similar situation in which natural gas above land was nuked in Russia.

:facepalm: