Any fans of snuff and cyber-cigs?

NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
edited December 2010 in Life
For yule, I got given a lot of Gawith Apricot and Gawith Cola snuff as well as some NicoLite cyber cigarettes.

I've always been a lover of nicotine for its stimulating effects, and with snuff and NicoLites I've managed to cut out all of the other undesirables such as carbon monoxide and tar. Both nicolites and snuff work out to be cheaper and more stimulating than the cigarettes I usually smoked, not to mention a Nicolite gets around smoking bans in public places because of its odourless smoke.

They last up to 25-30 traditional cigarettes worth before needing to be disposed of. Personally, I find them to be just as tasty and more stimulating, whilst having the same feeling of smoking an actual cigarette. The lit up end looks a bit silly, but it's not a major issue when you factor in all of the pros.

An article from the British Medical Journal examining Nicotine intake by snuff users [9] concluded thus:
Unlike tobacco smoke, snuff is free of tar and harmful gases such as carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxides. Since it cannot be inhaled into the lungs, there is no risk of lung cancer, bronchitis, and emphysema ... Though we are not aware of any direct evidence, prolonged heavy use of dry snuff might well carry a slight risk of nasopharyngeal cancer ... The position with coronary heart disease is not clear. It is not known whether nicotine or carbon monoxide is the major culprit responsible for cigarette-induced coronary heart disease. If it is carbon monoxide a switch to snuff would reduce the risk substantially,but even if nicotine plays a part our results show that the intake from snuff is no greater than from smoking.

In conclusion, the rapid absorption of nicotine from snuff confirms its potential as an acceptable substitute for smoking. Switching from cigarettes to snuff would substantially reduce the risk of lung cancer, bronchitis, emphysema, and possibly coronary heart disease as well, at the cost of a slight increase in the risk of cancer of the nasopharynx (or oral cavity in the case of wet snuff). Another advantage of snuff is that it does not contaminate the atmosphere for non-users.

I'll write proper reviews up for both NicoLites and both Gawith Apricot and Gawith Cola, later. This thread is for other users and lovers of Snuff and cyber-cigs to discuss different brands and show their appreciation for these fine pleasures in life.

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    I use dip myself. Usually Copenhagen but I've always wanted to try some real Swedish snuff. I've tried the cyber cigs before and they weren't bad at all but for now I'm sticking with the dip I think.

I love tobacco in all forms though. I like the way it tastes and I find it helps you think more clearly as well.
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited December 2010
    Dip is banned in most EU countries (:rolleyes:), but the same friend who got me the NicoLites and Snuff got some dip for me from Sweden as well. It sucks that dip is banned where I live. I'd love to try and grow some of my own tobacco at some point of time, rather than I would cannabis. There's info all over the net, but barely any decent books on the subject of tobacco, just anti-smoking propaganda bullshit.

All the anti-smoking/nicotine bullshit pisses me the fuck off, fucking feminist cunts and leftists to blame, but I'll save my opinions on that for a textfile/bitch at a later date.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited December 2010
    The thing with Tobacco and cancer is that cancer isn't caused by one thing. It comes as a combined result of habit's, age, environment, genetics and other things. It's like the people who go to a fast food restaurant and order 5 burgers but they get a diet coke for health reasons.:rolleyes:

People have used tobacco for century's but cancer is a relatively new problem. Why is that? Instead of blaming tobacco solely people need to start looking at the shit thats put in food and in water. Hell all the radio waves in the air right now probably contribute to cancer more than tobacco. Also Wtf dip is banned in the EU?:facepalm::facepalm:
  • homeslice4700homeslice4700 Regular
    edited December 2010
    I bought an e-cig its alright i definitely got more satisfaction smoking just a good ol fashion marlboro red
  • homeslice4700homeslice4700 Regular
    edited December 2010
    I used to LOVE the turkish royals but no store ever has them anymore but I'll try turkish golds next time I go out to the store.. I've recently switched to newport reds because they are only $5 and they are powerful as fuck.. If I smoke a marlboro red after a newport red it feels like im smoking a light
  • edited December 2010
    That snuff you snort makes you feel like you are having a fucking heart attack, good shit!
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    The thing with Tobacco and cancer is that cancer isn't caused by one thing. It comes as a combined result of habit's, age, environment, genetics and other things. It's like the people who go to a fast food restaurant and order 5 burgers but they get a diet coke for health reasons.:rolleyes:

People have used tobacco for century's but cancer is a relatively new problem. Why is that? Instead of blaming tobacco solely people need to start looking at the shit thats put in food and in water. Hell all the radio waves in the air right now probably contribute to cancer more than tobacco. Also Wtf dip is banned in the EU?:facepalm::facepalm:
    No one knew what cancer was until fairly recently in human history. They probably figured it was demons or some shit. Radiowaves and microwaves aren't ionizing radiation, so they can't give you cancer.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited December 2010
    People say that wearing antiperspirant causes breast cancer. I've heard somewhere that cell phones cause brain cancer. Honestly I think it is all the extra unnecessary things being pumped into our bodies such as high fructose corn syrup. Sure cigs could increase your chances of getting emphysema or lung cancer but I recently read an article about the oldest living woman today and how she has been smoking clove cigs most of her life.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited December 2010
    Antiperspirants supposedly cause cancer because of the aluminum shit they put in them to prevent you from sweating. Women are more likely to use antiperspirant than men as well. Use regular deodorant, not antiperspirant, and voila, no cancer.

Cell phones don't emit ionizing radiation. They cannot cause cancer.

High fructose corn syrup is broken down in the body into the same shit that sugar is broken down to. It cannot cause cancer. Obesity, sure. But not cancer.