Making master keys for GM vehicles

fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
edited January 2011 in Man Cave
This purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. I, have never used or intent to pursue these activities in any way, shape, or form.

These are actually very easy to make and employ.

The items in need are very simple:

-blank keys
-small cobalt (or other quality) triangle-shaped file
-lots of patience

The blank key to start with is R13 if i remember correctly. The handle of the key is black and it's wide.

Okay the only real information you need to pull this off is the dimensions for the keys. I will try and describe the measurements you need to make this. With the key's handle facing to the right you need to make a hump about 1.5cm long on the bottom of the key on the very tip.

Next you will need to make two teeth on the top with the keys handle still facing to the right. The teeth should be side by side on the top about 4cm from the tip of the key. All other parts of the key should be files down flat on the key's middle groove.

The next key will be exactly the same except the top two teeth should be only 3cm instead of 4cm from the tip of the key.

Now you need to know the type of cars/trucks. This is a GM key, 2006 and before. The types of cars are Pontiac sun-fires, gram Am's, grand prix and Montana mini-vans. The types of truck are Chevy Z-71, Yukon, suburbans, and Tahoe. The trick is to look for the handles of the trucks that lift up, not the ones that pull out.

Okay now for the best places to find cash. He lives in a tourist down, so everyone down here is either going to the beach or some type of entertainment venue. He has found out that places such as water-parks, mini-golf, and beach access parking are great. Most women and men do not carry their purses and wallets to these types of places because they do not want to carry them around. But have a little decency, grab the cash but leave their credit cards and other personal items like pictures of family and such.

To use the key stick it in and turn (duh), but if it does not work the first time (which it hardly ever does) pull it out just a hair while turning. Repeat this until it turns or you have pulled the key all the way out. If it does not turn flip the key unside down and try the other side doing the same way he just said. If he remembers right most of the cars will open when the key is turned to the left. But be careful, if made correctly these keys are pretty thin and easy to break.

Also the smart thing to do is not tell the friends you have in your city how to do this. Too many people doing this will draw attention and you will get heat from the police.

There. You're welcome :D

He can go more in depth about the specs for the key making if people are interested in doing this.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Also the smart thing to do is not tell the friends you have in your city how to do this. Too many people doing this will draw attention and you will get heat from the police.

I cannot stress this line enough in any situation where you discover something cool. The more people who know about something, the worse it is for you.

Pretty cool guide bro, although I'd quite like to see some pictures. Have you personally done this yourself, and do you have the key lying around for us to see?
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I cannot stress this line enough in any situation where you discover something cool. The more people who know about something, the worse it is for you.

Pretty cool guide bro, although I'd quite like to see some pictures. Have you personally done this yourself, and do you have the key lying around for us to see?

My friend wrote a story one time where the main character got into 95% of the cars that he listed. But he finally caught a lot of charges when a jealous friend snitched on him. 14 felonies in the end, from carrying a pistol (stolen) to CC fraud to B&E auto, to grand larceny.

But yes this works very well with some practice. It is good to practice on a friends car with no pressure on the person doing it, just be careful not to break the key off in the lock.

The character does not have the set of keys anymore, they were taken by LEO. But they are very, very simple looking. He can remember them by memory very easy.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »

Also, the more people know about an advantageous loophole such as this, the faster it gets fixed.
    edited January 2011
    Key #1

<********^.^*************
    ____********************

Key #2

<******^.^***************
    ____********************

Both of these can be modified and changed many different ways to make keys that work.

This is the best I could do ATM. Those should be about actual size. If you couldn't guess, the cat face looking thing is the teeth. And the underscore on the bottom is the hump. If more people are interested in this I will see if he will make a new key and upload a image or maybe draw it and scan an image.
    edited January 2011
    Also, the more people know about an advantageous loophole such as this, the faster it gets fixed.

Exactly. That is why I'm choosing to share it will you guys and not people in or near my city.
    edited January 2011
    fr0st_Byte wrote: »
    Key #1

<********/\./\*************
    ____********************

Key #2

<******/\./\***************
    ____********************

Both of these can be modified and changed many different ways to make keys that work.

This is the best I could do ATM. Those should be about actual size. If you couldn't guess, the cat face looking thing is the teeth. And the underscore on the bottom is the hump. If more people are interested in this I will see if he will make a new key and upload a image or maybe draw it and scan an image.

Anyonr tried these yet? They work on 9 out of 10 of the cars/trucks I mentioned.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited January 2011
    pics please, then it might get tried
    Edit- My buddy even has an old grand prix so I'd have something to test it on