Seeking - Coke Machine Info

AD2011AD2011 Acolyte
edited January 2011 in Man Cave
Hey all, we've all seen them, vending machine "hacks"...punch in the code...get free drinks. They never work...or do they?

The best luck I got trying this shit out was on a coke machine that dispensed bottles - I got the serviceman's menu - Not that this meant shit besides telling a potential thief how much money their payload would be for committing vandalism and theft.

There aren't many machines around these parts but I am still interested.

Comments

• KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited January 2011
    1: Stuff paper in coin return
    2: Leave
    3: Come back a day later
    4: Get free coins
    5: Use free coins to get free soda
  • edited January 2011
    Coke machines DO have a code, but I don't think you can change the prices unless you have physical access to the insides of the machine. I could be wrong, but I have no idea.

Check out my guide on stealing money from a vending machine if you want more info on how to make a profit from them (this might cover the cost of a coke), but as for your original question I have no idea.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah, Coca-Cola company machines have a debug menu accessed by the code 4-2-3-1 (ordered from top to bottom in the column type or from left to right in the type with large pictures of the bottles). It's fun to play around in but there's nothing really useful there, because even though it *can* dispense sodas and change, those functions are always disabled.

It ain't 1985 anymore guys :(
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited January 2011
    When I was in highschool you could make a "tail" out of regualr plastic tape on the end of a dollar bill, feed it into the machine and then pull it back out, giving you change and a soda.
  • edited January 2011
    When I was in highschool you could make a "tail" out of regualr plastic tape on the end of a dollar bill, feed it into the machine and then pull it back out, giving you change and a soda.

Interesting... I will actually try this when I'm next at a vending machine, and post results. I think the ones in college are shitty enough to fall for this trick.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited January 2011
    Good luck with that, that was over 10 years ago.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited January 2011
    You could try the quarter on a string method.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited January 2011
    I have no idea, but I'd say its worth a try.
  • The NegotiatorThe Negotiator Regular
    edited January 2011
    1. Look for cameras
    2. Kick the shit out of the coke machine/smash glass
    3. ????
    4. Profit! (or just free coke)

Seriously though, I've always wanted to 'hack' a coke machine.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited January 2011
    When I first found out about the debug menu I thought I would get free shit, but I didn't so I just left all the machines on the EROR menu (where you can go to see logged errors) so people would think they were out of order.
  • High-PhenatedHigh-Phenated New Arrival
    edited January 2011
    Or you could just smash the right side of the hole where you collect your change...