Favorite online multiplayer game

What is your favorite online multiplayer game?

Personally, I'm an FPS fan so I'm going to have to say TF2 right now. Not sure about in the future, but TF2 certainly has it all for me :D

SAMP was pretty fun too, while it lasted. Not really a big fan now though, the graphics got a little outdated, along with the gameplay. Still great fun though.

Comments

• duuudeduuude Regular
    edited December 2010
    I like playing Red Dead Redemption online because I suck at aiming and it has auto aim.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited December 2010
    Bad Company 2 if my favorite.

Team fortress 2 is pretty fun too.

After I get my system rebuilt by the end of this month hit me up brother. That is assuming you play on PC.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited December 2010
    Combat Arms.

TF2's gameplay is way too slow. I like fast paced FPS'.
  • edited December 2010
    acid_drop wrote: »
    Bad Company 2 if my favorite.

Team fortress 2 is pretty fun too.

After I get my system rebuilt by the end of this month hit me up brother. That is assuming you play on PC.

Hell yeah bro, PC. I'll get you, ThirdRock and a couple others into a TF2 game. Invite some friends, it'l be fun.
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Combat Arms.

TF2's gameplay is way too slow. I like fast paced FPS'.

Wat, TF2 can be extremely fast paced in a lot of cases. It depends on which game type, map and class you play. Small Capture Point maps are the best for fast paced gameplay.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited December 2010
    Red Alert 2 :o
  • HazeyHazey Acolyte
    edited December 2010
    Call a doody
  • edited December 2010
    Hazey wrote: »
    Call a doody

Might actually get this one for christmas, although I really can't decide. Dammit :mad:
  • HazeyHazey Acolyte
    edited December 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Might actually get this one for christmas, although I really can't decide. Dammit :mad:

Are you going to buy it or get it as a gift ?

If your buying it...what are you having trouble deciding between ?
  • edited December 2010
    Parent's told me they'd get me a game, but I'm not sure whether or not to get the new COD game. Maybe I'll just ask for some money instead, or something.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited December 2010
    Wow lucky you, your parents still buy you games :jealous:
  • edited December 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Wow lucky you, your parents still buy you games :jealous:

It's probably because last year, I told them I didn't want anything for christmas and that I couldn't be bothered with it. I think they felt bad for not actually getting me anything, so this year they're sucking my ass about it all.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited December 2010
    You should def. get COD if your parents are willing to buy it for you and you don't have anything else you are interested in
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited December 2010
    Runescape!
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited December 2010
    Maplestory. Easy.
  • edited December 2010
    duuude wrote: »
    You should def. get COD if your parents are willing to buy it for you and you don't have anything else you are interested in

How much play time would I get out of it before getting bored? Not sure if it's just going to be yet another generic FPS game or not.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited December 2010
    Runescape!

:facepalm: fail
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited December 2010
    i still play COD mw2 online, i dont even have the new one. so i think you will probably play it for a while as long as you are into first person shooters.
  • edited December 2010
    i still play COD mw2 online, i dont even have the new one. so i think you will probably play it for a while as long as you are into first person shooters.

I sure am :) I think I'll get it then. Otherwise, I can always just switch to another game for a little while.
    edited December 2010
    I sure am :) I think I'll get it then. Otherwise, I can always just switch to another game for a little while.

You fail to listen when I say BC2:facepalm:

I had COD4, but can't justify spending money on MW2 or Black ops, they're just simple rehashes. BC2 is where it's at.
  • edited December 2010
    acid_drop wrote: »
    You fail to listen when I say BC2:facepalm:

I had COD4, but can't justify spending money on MW2 or Black ops, they're just simple rehashes. BC2 is where it's at.

I've already completed BC2, and I don't think I'd buy the game just for the multiplayer. If I buy COD, I can get the campaign and the Multiplayer as well, which is cool.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited December 2010
    I've already completed BC2, and I don't think I'd buy the game just for the multiplayer. If I buy COD, I can get the campaign and the Multiplayer as well, which is cool.

bc2 multiplayer > cod multiplayer
    edited December 2010
    bc2 multiplayer > cod multiplayer

This. If you've played any of the last three COD's.... You've played all three COD's. Multiplayer at least.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited December 2010
    Runescape!
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    Maplestory. Easy.

since we're all getting it all out n the open, i would like to say that the Neopets Advent Calendar is back on :):)
  • edited December 2010
    Mantikore wrote: »
    since we're all getting it all out n the open, i would like to say that the Neopets Advent Calendar is back on :):)

I've never played Neopets :( I checked it out once, but it looked like shit.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited December 2010
    World of Warcraft...:facepalm:
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited December 2010

DO NOT RIP ON MY CHILDHOOD :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    edited December 2010
    I spend a whole year playing that.

I had a robo bori and some shark pets.

So MUCH fun. I remember some Advert game, I was the top player for a whole month.

But then I scammed some girl for her dragon pet thingy and poof! Instantban.
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited December 2010
    ArmA II, until it feels like work, then Rolf goes on holidays by playing Medieval II: Total War or Mount&Blade, states Rolf.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited December 2010
    My favorite of all time on the PC will forever be TFC 1.5 followed by TF2. I'm a sucker for those kind of games.

The original Unreal Tournament and Quake III Arena are extremely close seconds. TBH I'm not a fan of these new age bullshit multiplayer games with absolutely no single player or a half assed one at best. The multiplayer modes these days are fucking absurd. Seems like they are just trying to create any sort of mode based around some asinine idea because they want to separate themselves from the masses.

What the fuck is wrong with CTF and Team Deathmatch these days, and I'm not talking about this bullshit you see in MW2/Black Ops where CTF is absolutely fucking pointless for that game. CTF was supposed to be fun and 10 years later modern games are FUCKING UP a classic game mode :mad:. Pisses me the fuck off.

For X-Box 360 (only console I own). Left 4 Dead, Gears of War, and Rainbow Six series will always and forever be my favorite. Very well rounded games unlike bullshit games from the Call of Duty franchise where it's too easy to be a fucking whore if you play enough and get high enough to get all the good perks. Seriously, how people can play that shit series where being a n00b is fucking death blows my mind. It used to be n00bs got some sort of handicap to learn the ropes of a map instead of being penalized for not having rose a fucking ladder to gain new shit.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited December 2010
    Some mutha fucking Killing Floor.
  • busxbusx Acolyte
    edited March 2011
    Neopets was the shit back in the day! I'm into WoW and CSS now, COD doesnt really do it for me.
  • xionousxionous Semo-Regulars
    edited March 2011
    If you want try try your hand at an MMORPG, try Rift its a pretty fun game if thats your cup of tea, else for FPS Crysis 2 is going to have a wicked multi-player, you can download the demo on steam.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    My favorite of all time on the PC will forever be TFC 1.5 followed by TF2. I'm a sucker for those kind of games.

The original Unreal Tournament and Quake III Arena are extremely close seconds. TBH I'm not a fan of these new age bullshit multiplayer games with absolutely no single player or a half assed one at best. The multiplayer modes these days are fucking absurd. Seems like they are just trying to create any sort of mode based around some asinine idea because they want to separate themselves from the masses.

What the fuck is wrong with CTF and Team Deathmatch these days, and I'm not talking about this bullshit you see in MW2/Black Ops where CTF is absolutely fucking pointless for that game. CTF was supposed to be fun and 10 years later modern games are FUCKING UP a classic game mode :mad:. Pisses me the fuck off.

For X-Box 360 (only console I own). Left 4 Dead, Gears of War, and Rainbow Six series will always and forever be my favorite. Very well rounded games unlike bullshit games from the Call of Duty franchise where it's too easy to be a fucking whore if you play enough and get high enough to get all the good perks. Seriously, how people can play that shit series where being a n00b is fucking death blows my mind. It used to be n00bs got some sort of handicap to learn the ropes of a map instead of being penalized for not having rose a fucking ladder to gain new shit.

I was playing TFC 1.5 with 64MB of RAM on 56k modem that game was great. It is what lead me to the greatest FPS ever, DoD. (not that source shit)
  • kidgokidgo Regular
    edited March 2011
    im currently in the Open beta of world of tanks :D

http://worldoftanks.eu
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited March 2011
    What is your favorite online multiplayer game?

Personally, I'm an FPS fan so I'm going to have to say TF2 right now. Not sure about in the future, but TF2 certainly has it all for me :D

SAMP was pretty fun too, while it lasted. Not really a big fan now though, the graphics got a little outdated, along with the gameplay. Still great fun though.

I used to play semi-competitive play as a spy -_- such an oxymoron lol. but yeah the customizations and using weapons for diff scenarios does make this game very fun
    edited March 2011
    kidgo wrote: »
    im currently in the open beta of world of tanks :d

http://worldoftanks.eu
    artillerysniper
  • DysrhythmiaDysrhythmia Semo-Regulars
    edited March 2011
    I've been playing KZ3 lately. It's quite fun and an improvement over the second Killzone game in my opinion. My favorite online games to play (as of right now) are Battlefield Bad Company 2, Counter Strike: Source and Day of Defeat: Source.