-Spectral For Mod of Bad Ideas

Comments

• -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited January 2011
    nice
    What a sad life you really do live, little boy.

*shakes head sadly*
  • edited January 2011
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    What a sad life you really do live, little boy.

*shakes head sadly*

At least BBcode isn't too complicated for my liking.
    VU48S.jpg
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    DaGuru wrote: »
    Next up.....you can start a new hypothetiasl "what if" scenario....something whimsical that nobody ever asked about previously, and we can see what kind of fur would fly with all that?

Might I suggest a self-evaluation, if you dare?

How about....."The Dark Rodent for crossing guard on his block."

Twisted and crazy arguing from the Totse masses that Rodent really wants to be mayor of that city in 3, 2, 1..........

LOL DaGuru you are not even making sense at this point. Take a deep breath, slow down, clear your thoughts, and calmly tell us what is you are attempting to convey.
    edited January 2011
    Wait, wut? Fatty voted for me?

Something fishy is afoot.

*hangs extra grenades under window sills*
  • edited January 2011
    Wait, wut? Fatty voted for me?

Something fishy is afoot.

*hangs extra grenades under window sills*
    I voted yes, if a mod like DS who actually contributes and likes this place can't stop me, what chance does -SpectrolleD have?

Can't even read your own thread, but you can obsessively watch who votes?
    If you can't handle reading a six page thread how are you going to handle an entire forum?
    edited January 2011
    Can't even read your own thread, but you can obsessively watch who votes?
    If you can't handle reading a six page thread how are you going to handle an entire forum?
    Oh, I had read your post. It's just that it didn't really amount to much more than an empty challenge. Why you would support me and then deliberately go get your ass burned off at the root is beyond me. But hey, whatever you say, man.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Spectral, don't be ridiculous. Just accept the demi-mod thing for a week or two, turn into a regular mod, do your job, don't divinify yourself and get it over with.

While totse is meant to be mostly serious, it's still the internet.
  • IndulgenceIndulgence Regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah I didn't realize being an old contributing member of totse elevated people to a near-Godlike status. TMYK.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited January 2011
    Let's put it this way, Sanchez. Dude runs a 500-mile marathon in the Olympics and receives a gold medal for first place. The following year another 500-mile marathon is organized, but the organizers decide that instead of inviting the champion back for another match, they decide they are going to invite him to serve as waterboy for the entire team... thinking he would certainly have the qualifications for such a job... being a runner himself and all. Well, sure the gold medal winner would make a wonderful waterboy! Nobody is doubting that! He would serve water well, of that I have no doubt. And the organizers may well indeed be fully convinced they are doing a wonderful thing by giving the gold medal winner the waterboy position, but do you really think the gold medal winner is seriously going to consider the offer? If he's really hard up, he just might, but I ain't.

Did you seriously just compare being a previous mod on a forum to being an Olympic gold medalist?:facepalm:
    edited January 2011
    Did you seriously just compare being a previous mod on a forum to being an Olympic gold medalist?:facepalm:
    Errrrr... went a little far, did I? :hai:
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited January 2011
    But I have confidence that those who come to this site to share knowledge and have discussions, be they profound or pointless, will eventually triumph over those who use it as their personal soap opera.

This is the number one purpose of the place. Lets all keep that in mind, ey? Not one person is bigger than the community, but the community is smaller for the loss of one person.

Perspective everyone.
    Well, then I guess you AND the community will end up with second best for Bad Ideas, huh?

As much as I respect what you have to say and have seen what people would say are 'both sides to you' - I only put the dead on a plinth. You know as a drummer you are only as good as your last gig. I am sure you can respect some might not like the tune you play. No one is right or wrong on opinion, its just opinion.
    Now you're getting it. Offering me a demi-mod position is basically more an insult than anything else at this point in the game... and I'm real tired of playing games.

As above - I am sure you would not turn down a chance to help a band in getting together because they couldnt play tunes by Rush but you could.

Vizier wrote: »
    Spectral, don't be ridiculous. Just accept the demi-mod thing for a week or two, turn into a regular mod, do your job, don't divinify yourself and get it over with.

While totse is meant to be mostly serious, it's still the internet.

As much as I agree that with his knowledge, -Spectral would be a very good choice - based on knowledge, probably the best, I propose something else.

Where the guy could shine is teaching new mods - call him out on something and he will either show how he is right or accept why his is wrong. The ability to be magnanimous is THE No1 charecter trait that is required. While it is displayed in some areas, it is rubbished in some others.

It is not about 'old and new' or 'right and wrong' - it is all about working together, learning from each other and moving forward.
    edited January 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    ...As above - I am sure you would not turn down a chance to help a band in getting together because they couldnt play tunes by Rush but you could. ...
    That's a very interesting observation. I had been seriously considering the very thing all through this thread, but I have still not reached an internal consensus on the matter. You bring out a very good point, though. Still... there's a bit of a stink on this no matter which way you turn it.
  • GrinchGrinch Regular
    edited January 2011
    I just have this bad wrap because most people hate the way I just speak my mind and lay it right out on the line in a plain and uncomplicated manner. They think I'm too blunt, and I should sugarcoat everything nice so it's more palatable.
    I was not privy to any drama, being strictly totsean. I think bad ideas needs a tough mod because people will inevitably post made up guides and second rate shit. There does seem to be a lot of drama lately, and discussion of "policy", so the sooner people are put in charge of forums and left to either succeed or fail the better.

What worries me far more is this thread in general, we seem to have recently inherited a "Drama Club" from another site. This thread reeks of an overly long staff meeting where nothing gets done because people continue to nitpick a point instead of making a decision and waiting for the results.
    Dfg wrote: »
    Spectral has potential but he needs to adjust to this place a bit better.
    Consider him a Demi Mod after a week.

As was already stated earlier in the thread, I would not accept a demi-mod status. Full mod status or regular, you only have the two choices.

But you better pull your head out of your ass if you want to get me in there.

Personally I feel that SpectraL has the potential to be a good mod. In his rather short presence here, he has shown that he has plans to contribute, and he could be very beneficial to BI. His experience speaks for itself, as well as his past.

Although the fact that you are demanding full mod status in comparison to following the standard procedure of the site that you came into later in the game than the current admin, leads me to believe that you will further attempt to adjust regulation to fit your perspective because of some perceived distinction lingering from the original &T and Zoklet.

I have no problem with you being blunt in your approach toward modding or asking evidence of past accusations. Although I would only imagine the attitude and conduct that you have displayed in this thread alone will be exemplified if given moderator status.

As much as this site aims to capture the totse essence, we must accept that it is a relatively immature site in its own, with a continually growing community. As a mod, or even as users, we have the power to steer the direction of this site, while I have no qualms with contributing or attempting to guide the site in a direction that is favorable to you, ultimately, one must adhere to the overall desires of the community, not the reverse.

Again, I have no problems with your delivery, I find that being frank makes things cold-cut and clear, although I do find fault in your over inflation. You are not in the position to make demands, unless you are willing to humble yourself, I can not get behind you.
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited January 2011
    Spectral is a grade A bad ass, plain and simple. he should be a global mod or even admin.
    edited January 2011
    Spectral is a grade A bad ass, plain and simple. he should be a global mod or even admin.
    I've decided to kill bornkiller while he sleeps and usurp his position overnight. I have already dropped an extremely poisonous and deadly snake bound with dissolving tape wrapped around its snout into his bedroom quarters. Listen for panicked squeals in the wee hours of the morning. :thumbsup:
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    The correct term would be venomous though.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited January 2011

Maybe the serpent in question was dipped in poison. :hai:
  • edited January 2011
    poisonous snake
    Vt1DL.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    Why does -SpectraL still have a regular title :angry::angry:

The Paki will mod him in a week, He'll be a demi for two more, ban me by the end of February, and have the ban reversed and be demoded a day or two later.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2011
    I've decided to kill bornkiller while he sleeps and usurp his position overnight. I have already dropped an extremely poisonous and deadly snake bound with dissolving tape wrapped around its snout into his bedroom quarters. Listen for panicked squeals in the wee hours of the morning. :thumbsup:
    Haha! I''ll be waiting old man.

Lzcau.jpg
    edited January 2011
    I'm just glad we have 37 interested votes. Shows that we're not as lacking as some people may think... we won't name names or anything.
    edited January 2011
    Why does -SpectraL still have a regular title :angry::angry:
    Because of vote fixing. :o
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    If you become a mod, just please acknowledge your errors when you make them and be sure to take suggestions from other people.

That said, I hope you do a good job and don't go on a power trip. Good luck man.
    edited January 2011
    DaGuru wrote: »
    No reason for a truce, because I ain't gonna be around long enough to matter if there is one.
    On my behalf there is, I don't really wanna fuckin see you leave mang. :cool:
    edited January 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    On my behalf there is, I don't really wanna fuckin see you leave mang. :cool:
    Me neither.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited January 2011
    This place feels like totse already
    edited January 2011
    Mantikore wrote: »
    This place feels like totse already
    Do you still worship other gods?
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited January 2011
    Just so there's no confusion, I don't give a fuck about Totse ideals or Totse legacy, I was never a member. I want a place to contribute once in a while and shoot the shit with others in a forum where I don't have ANYONE telling me what I can and can't say and where I can and can't say it. I can't speak for anyone else but that is my vision of Totse.info and my agenda.
    In my opinion a place like this should be begging people to contribute "seriously" here. You can get better, more detailed, more specialized information on any topic, in many "serious" forums all over the web. The only reason I contribute here at all is because I like the format, the lenient style of moderation, and a few of the people. When you mod somebody like Spectral, you are making a concrete decision about the direction this place is heading, and it sure as hell isn't the place you started out to build.
    I seriously doubt anyone cares, but if I ever have to worry about getting banned because I want to have a little fun, I'll just troll this place to shit until I get permabanned because in the end I don't give a fuck about any forum lifers ideas about how the internet should work, or about how they think I should work.
    Once again, I can't speak for anybody else, but I think you guys have a pretty good thing going for you right now...don't get greedy.

I don't respond well to tranquilizers you know.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited January 2011
    Just so there's no confusion, I don't give a fuck about Totse ideals or Totse legacy, I was never a member. I want a place to contribute once in a while and shoot the shit with others in a forum where I don't have ANYONE telling me what I can and can't say and where I can and can't say it. I can't speak for anyone else but that is my vision of Totse.info and my agenda.
    In my opinion a place like this should be begging people to contribute "seriously" here. You can get better, more detailed, more specialized information on any topic, in many "serious" forums all over the web. The only reason I contribute here at all is because I like the format, the lenient style of moderation, and a few of the people. When you mod somebody like Spectral, you are making a concrete decision about the direction this place is heading, and it sure as hell isn't the place you started out to build.
    I seriously doubt anyone cares, but if I ever have to worry about getting banned because I want to have a little fun, I'll just troll this place to shit until I get permabanned because in the end I don't give a fuck about any forum lifers ideas about how the internet should work, or about how they think I should work.
    Once again, I can't speak for anybody else, but I think you guys have a pretty good thing going for you right now...don't get greedy.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    edited January 2011
    Just for the record, I have never banned anyone unjustly. If they were banned, then they were attempting to willfully destroy the platform others were attempting to enjoy. Even some of those bans were cut short in hopes of remorse, but you just gotta come to terms that there are those whose only interest is ruining things for everyone, and they must be dealt with appropriately.
    edited January 2011
    Just for the record, I have never banned anyone unjustly. If they were banned, then they were attempting to willfully destroy the platform others were attempting to enjoy. Even some of those bans were cut short in hopes of remorse, but you just gotta come to terms that there are those whose only interest is ruining things for everyone, and they must be dealt with appropriately.
    Fuck you are so full of shit. :facepalm:
    Good trolling though...:thumbsup:
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Love it how Specs completely ignores any critisism, as positive as it may be, and any mistake we point out at him.

Personally I still vouche for him modding BI.
    edited January 2011
    Love it how Specs completely ignores any critisism, as positive as it may be, and any mistake we point out at him.

Personally I still vouche for him modding BI.
    Huh? What critisisms are these? Do you mean the baseless accusations, or do you mean the empty assumptions? I'm a little confused over here, so could ya help a dude out!?
  • edited January 2011
    This this happens it's going to ruin this place.

Dfg, PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN.

Plus they are making new accounts so they can vote "yes."

Cheaters shouldn't be rewarded.
    edited January 2011

It is true that the poll is worthless in terms of judging the community's wishes.
    edited January 2011

As much as I understand your feelings on the idea, I do think the new accounts are a subterfuge from either the opposing party or a trouble making element.
    edited January 2011
    Plus they are making new accounts...
    Who is making new accounts? Do you know?
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Huh? What critisisms are these? Do you mean the baseless accusations, or do you mean the empty assumptions? I'm a little confused over here, so could ya help a dude out!?

Refer to these quotes for example. You've always seemed to circumvent anything thrown at you no matter the context. That's not a good attitude for a mod imo, and neither is glorifying yourself so much over an internet forum to the point of comparing yourself to an olympic medallist (in a "500 mile marathon" nonetheless).
    dr rocker wrote: »
    This is the number one purpose of the place. Lets all keep that in mind, ey? Not one person is bigger than the community, but the community is smaller for the loss of one person.

Perspective everyone.

As much as I respect what you have to say and have seen what people would say are 'both sides to you' - I only put the dead on a plinth. You know as a drummer you are only as good as your last gig. I am sure you can respect some might not like the tune you play. No one is right or wrong on opinion, its just opinion.

As above - I am sure you would not turn down a chance to help a band in getting together because they couldnt play tunes by Rush but you could.

As much as I agree that with his knowledge, -Spectral would be a very good choice - based on knowledge, probably the best, I propose something else.

Where the guy could shine is teaching new mods - call him out on something and he will either show how he is right or accept why his is wrong. The ability to be magnanimous is THE No1 charecter trait that is required. While it is displayed in some areas, it is rubbished in some others.

It is not about 'old and new' or 'right and wrong' - it is all about working together, learning from each other and moving forward.
    If you become a mod, just please acknowledge your errors when you make them and be sure to take suggestions from other people.

That said, I hope you do a good job and don't go on a power trip. Good luck man.

Be serious, but not TOO serious.
    edited January 2011
    ...Be serious, but not TOO serious.

I don't think it really matters anyways...

1. As I stated previously, I would never accept a position which is less than full moderator, along with all required tools, access and power to get the job done properly. In short, I'm all done playing games, so I either get the stuff I need to get the job properly or it's nothing. Period. I don't do half a job... I do the full job or I don't do the job at all. And although I'm certainly open to feedback, I don't rely on others to get a job done for me, I do the job myself... no hand-offs... no middleman... no hands tied behind my back... period.

2. Dfg is deliberately delaying what he already knows he needs to do for the best welfare of Bad Ideas, even though he (and apparently the community as well) already knows who is best to manage it. This is a terrible way to begin to develop a confidence, and with administration placing all their trust in bureaucracy, fine print and red tape, while at the same time turning a blind eye to the documented record in favor of the dogged resolution of their past mistakes, it just makes for a very bad start.

3. The moderator group still seems to be entirely split on what constitutes valid content and what does not. Some think useless garbage is actually valid content, and they apparently feel that mods should be lax/inept/carefree/magnanimous when it comes to allowing valid discussion-threads to be defaced by those whose only intent is to destroy avenues of information and ideas. The community still has no prominent mission-statement, and if it is relying on the original Totse mission statement then it is doing very poorly in living by it through measurable and tangible actions. Talk is cheap, but actions speak louder than mere words.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Well I guess you might as well enjoy being a regular then :o

Still taking this way too serious man. It's going in the right direction, calm down. After all, remember how totse was full of fail trolls and spammers and lulz and all other kinds of shit which made it special. You probably won't become a mod if you keep on that hardass facade that caused you trouble back at focklet.

...and the mission statements have always been a fucking joke, wether it be for a website or a real life company. A mere gimmick if you ask me.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011

1. As I stated previously, I would never accept a position which is less than full moderator, along with all required tools, access and power to get the job done properly. In short, I'm all done playing games, so I either get the stuff I need to get the job properly or it's nothing. Period. I don't do half a job... I do the full job or I don't do the job at all. And although I'm certainly open to feedback, I don't rely on others to get a job done for me, I do the job myself... no hand-offs... no middleman... no hands tied behind my back... period.

2. Dfg is deliberately delaying what he already knows he needs to do for the best welfare of Bad Ideas, even though he (and apparently the community as well) already knows who is best to manage it. This is a terrible way to begin to develop a confidence, and with administration placing all their trust in bureaucracy, fine print and red tape, while at the same time turning a blind eye to the documented record in favor of the dogged resolution of their past mistakes, it just makes for a very bad start.

3. The moderator group still seems to be entirely split on what constitutes valid content and what does not. Some think useless garbage is actually valid content, and they apparently feel that mods should be lax/inept/carefree/magnanimous when it comes to allowing valid discussion-threads to be defaced by those whose only intent is to destroy avenues of information and ideas. The community still has no prominent mission-statement, and if it is relying on the original Totse mission statement then it is doing very poorly in living by it through measurable and tangible actions. Talk is cheap, but actions speak louder than mere words.

I said I will mod you in a week and I will do just that. At the moment I am just observing things and giving you time to contribute more. You will become a Demi Mod first and then a Moderator. This is the policy and it will remain the same. This is a community run by hard-working posters who have stuck with this community you see right now. We have been working on it since June 2009.

Do not undermine what others have done for this place. Spectral you're new to Totse.info and you need to understand that we start from a clean slate here. Whatever you did on Totse.com or Zoklet don't amount to anything here. I could make 30,000 posts on Totse.com but still I will be a normal user on Totse.info. Your previous record doesn't matter.

You like others start from scratch. The mods you currently see have been with this place from the start. They kept coming back even after we faced down times, hacked pages and faulty policies. Those users form the core of this community. You need to earn your place here and the only real way is by contribution. I am not following this poll. I only follow what you post in the section you want to Mod. Period.

Bad Ideas won't perish nor will it go down. It's been in that state for quite some time. It only needs a contributor. A mod doesn't require ban hammer buttons. I rarely ban anyone except for Spam bots.

Seasoned Mod, Admin or not. You need to learn to cooperate with everyone. I don't want to add someone who doesn't listen or tries to adjust with the community. This isn't a War zone by friend. It's a COMMUNITY! We come here to relax, learn and share stuff. Some users enjoy Totse ideals others don't give a shit. But we all except few things and just follow those simple rules.

EDIT: Oh btw Being a Regular or Mod doesn't really make a difference. Except you can get kicked out faster if you're a Mod.
    edited January 2011

I prefer to stand alongside you as an outsider looking in, rather than you as an insider looking out. The best mods are coaches, but I like you more as a coach but not being a mod.

I am sure everyone appreciates the coaching you can give - even those that front against you. As long as you are here to coach, I am sure you will have the input you desire. Maybe it is better that way - then people cannot call you out on real or percieved problems.

As an outsider, everyone knows you have the ability to keep everyone guessing. That is one of the great things about you.

We live an die by our decisions. The same is true by how others percieve them. While you can imapact on one, you cannot on the other. Time may change the opinions of others - but time may change methods. I am not - and would not - ask you to change your ideals. We share them. But if we do idealise, we must have something to idealise.

And what if they were all the same? Robots if you would? Talkers of the ideas of one man. Where would we be?

Their is no funny handshake at this temple, nor was their in the place where we once worshipped. Give it time, and continued growth, and this place can become...

...something more than it has ever been.

Mod or not, your presence here does so much for the values you hold dear.

I was driving between some places today while at work and think about a 'mission statement'. Let me know your ideas.
    edited January 2011
    dfg wrote: »
    i am not following this poll. I only follow what you post in the section you want to mod. Period.

ٹھیک ہے کہ
    edited January 2011
    There's something some of community is failing to understand here. It is not me asking anything from community, it is community asking something of me. And since it is community asking something from me, it will be on my terms, not on community's terms. It comes down to a take or leave it situation... for the reason that community is requesting my assistance, not me requesting community's assistance. Another thing community is failing to understand is that the likes of DaGuru and I have been sacrificing everything the entire way, and we've been quite vocal about the mistakes being made in regard to this community (and yes, here or there, it is still the same original community), and we have been ignored, chastised, insulted, hounded, criticized, condemned, and were basically told we in every way possible that we absolutely were wrong about things... BUT, we can see by the final page over at Zoklet (same original community as those who are here) that we were BANG ON THE ENTIRE TIME. And YET, there are still those here who think they know better. They think they know the proper way to do things. They are fully convinced we are still wrong, even in light of how correct we were about everything we brought to the table back on the original Totse and later on Zoklet. Nope... no more games... no more hard-heads stuck on a failing track... no more trying to convince. If you want to keep me as a regular, that's fine, but all you are doing is limiting the potential for the sake of propriety, and that does absolutely no good for community welfare.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Don't you trust the people here, especially Dfg? Shit man, you're creating too much unwarranted self-importance; almost to the point of sounding arrogant.
    edited January 2011
    I don't think spectral is getting that things are not always done his way.
  • edited January 2011
    Don't you trust the people here, especially Dfg? Shit man, you're creating too much unwarranted self-importance; almost to the point of sounding arrogant.

Almost?
    edited January 2011
    Common sense often comes across as arrogance to those opposed to common sense. Everything I have said is plain and simple, and easy to read... also easy to understand. I honestly have no sense of self-importance, it's just that I always do things to at maximum performance... there is no half-a-job in my world. I get the job done, and I need the tools necessary to do it. If I don't have the tools and the means, I can't get the job done... I would then have to rely solely on the well-meaning intentions of others to get a job done that I set out to accomplish at full performance. I can't be responsible for a job well done at full performance if somebody else is doing my job for me... just ain't gonna happen. You speak of trust, but I see none at all in this thread.
    edited January 2011
    I don't think spectral is getting that things are not always done his way.
    If the forum is to be placed under my care, then I am to be responsible for the failures on it, therefore it stands to reason that it would be "my way" and not somebody else's.
    edited January 2011
    There's something some of community is failing to understand here. It is not me asking anything from community, it is community asking something of me. And since it is community asking something from me, it will be on my terms, not on community's terms. It comes down to a take or leave it situation... for the reason that community is requesting my assistance, not me requesting community's assistance.

Just say not then. For you and the community.
    Another thing community is failing to understand is that the likes of DaGuru and I have been sacrificing everything the entire way, and we've been quite vocal about the mistakes being made in regard to this community (and yes, here or there, it is still the same original community), and we have been ignored, chastised, insulted, hounded, criticized, condemned, and were basically told we in every way possible that we absolutely were wrong about things...

And so have I along with others. Their is not just one path tho and even if their was, that path has many forks - do not tell me you know which one we need to walk before we come across it. The past is the past, the future is the future - we have not and cannot see it yet, but we cannot see the way to go until we get their. Shit, even when we have walked the path, we may think another may have been better.

Hindsight is 20/20, but unless you are telling us something we do not know, how can we know you are a messenger? Sure, we have the past to work with, but their is no fate but what we make.

BUT, we can see by the final page over at Zoklet (same original community as those who are here) that we were BANG ON THE ENTIRE TIME. And YET, there are still those here who think they know better.

Yes. Me, you, TDR, DaGururu, Poast, Snoopy, Viz and many others. Lumped into the same group, seeing the same failures, exposing the same weaknesses. I am with the Arabs on this one - my enemies enemy is my friend. While people sit with you on one issue, they can be diometrically opposed on many others.

As long as we agree that everyones opinions are valid, where is the harm? Call it what you will - templars - totseans - brothers - families disagree - but we agree to disagree, no?

They think they know the proper way to do things. They are fully convinced we are still wrong, even in light of how correct we were about everything we brought to the table back on the original Totse and later on Zoklet. Nope... no more games... no more hard-heads stuck on a failing track... no more trying to convince. If you want to keep me as a regular, that's fine, but all you are doing is limiting the potential for the sake of propriety, and that does absolutely no good for community welfare.

Do not qualify post of the future with the bad management decisions of the past that we had no control over. I know you banned some but bent over backwards for their return. That shows vision. All people want to see from you is that - vision. Be proud that some one such as me, a low man, gives you this advice - all people want is vision - you can deliver this.

If your pride stops you from delivering a vision, well, eat your pride.

Common sense often comes across as arrogance to those opposed to common sense. Everything I have said is plain and simple, and easy to read... also easy to understand. I honestly have no sense of self-importance, it's just that I always do things to at maximum performance... there is no half-a-job in my world. I get the job done, and I need the tools necessary to do it. If I don't have the tools and the means, I can't get the job done... I would then have to rely solely on the well-meaning intentions of others to get a job done that I set out to accomplish at full performance. I can't be responsible for a job well done at full performance if somebody else is doing my job for me... just ain't gonna happen. You speak of trust, but I see none at all in this thread.

Sometimes you have to use your vision to change others. Change comes from within, but it is always influences by knowledge, attitudes and beliefs.
    If the forum is to be placed under my care, then I am to be responsible for the failures on it, therefore it stands to reason that it would be "my way" and not somebody else's.

We are all the same here. The failures of one are the failure of all.

I want you as mod as BI. You are old enough (no slur, I am no kid) to know that you should always learn.

Yours honestly

Doc.