So I'm currently using a mac...

edited February 2011 in Tech & Games
What's all the hype about? They're horrible - first impressions seem very... bad. It feels clunky and big, the keys are too far apart so it's a stretch to type things. I hate the fact that I can't figure out what hotkeys are (CTRL+A doesn't select all, for example). The interface itself is rather overwhelming - it's not simplistic at all. WAY too many icons. The maximize button also doesn't seem to be working - WTF?

Bah, I hate macs.

Comments

• ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited February 2011
    The lack of the 'maximize' button is troubling. I agree, the interface feels a bit... well... shit. The amount of different windows it urges you to keep open is bull. I don't really think it looks 'simplistic'. I just think it looks dirty.

You might just think "These guys are windows users, they wouldn't understand."

Just one thing to say; Nope.
  • edited February 2011
    The touchpad is also bugging me as it is lacking a scrollbar at the side like most touchpads, and it also doesn't have proper buttons to click. How do you actually maximize a window?! Running TOTSE in windowed mode sucks balls!
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited February 2011
    Just use the bottom right corner to stretch the window.
  • edited February 2011
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Just use the bottom right corner to stretch the window.

Gotcha. Why doesn't the little + button maximize the window though? It actually seems to be making it smaller :facepalm:
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited February 2011
    Dear god. The backspace is atrocious. When you push it and hold it, it deletes a letter a second. Even when you tap it it's unresponsive as hell.

Christ.
  • edited February 2011
    I just discovered the use of the command buttons - cmd+a = select all, etc. Much like the CTRL key on a Windows keyboard layout.
  • BaconPieBaconPie Regular
    edited February 2011
    The command button replaces most of the control button functions. They keyboard is great; you're just used to a cramped keyboard. The + button switches between developer chosen size and custom size i.e. you have two different sizes that you switch between with the plus key. You can have any two sizes you like.

You use two fingers to scroll web pages. This is a bajillion times better than anything on Windows.

If you wan't to clear clutter, four fingers up. It'll brush everything away. Four down to bring it back.

Finder sucks, but spotlight makes up for it. Press Alt/option + space. Type something.

IT'S NOT WHAT I'M USED TO! IT SUCKS!
    edited February 2011
    The + just expands/contracts the window. At least that's how it's on my iMac.

*Too lazy to boot it up and try.

Like Bacon said, the keyboard is great. Especially for extensive typing. Makes things must easier and you actually USE your left-hand pinky. It's the only finger that I need on a Windows keyboard.
  • edited February 2011
    BaconPie wrote: »
    The command button replaces most of the control button functions. They keyboard is great; you're just used to a cramped keyboard. The + button switches between developer chosen size and custom size i.e. you have two different sizes that you switch between with the plus key. You can have any two sizes you like.

You use two fingers to scroll web pages. This is a bajillion times better than anything on Windows.

If you wan't to clear clutter, four fingers up. It'll brush everything away. Four down to bring it back.

Finder sucks, but spotlight makes up for it. Press Alt/option + space. Type something.

Holy crap, thanks for the tips! Alright, this Mac experience has just gotten a little better thanks to you. :D
    edited February 2011
    BaconPie wrote: »

WDF? I didn't even know that. :facepalm: