Smells like BBQ.

edited May 2011 in Life
Nothing better than the smell of a BBQ drifting through your bedroom window while you're posting on Totse. I can't wait to eat, stuff seems to taste so much better when it's barbecued - amiright? There's something about burgers cooking in their own fatty grease, sizzling away until perfection... It's heavenly. I'm about to have a food orgasm :thumbsup:

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    That + summer weather = heaven for me :D
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    Ehh. I don't like BBQs because everyone looks at me funny when I don't use a sauce.

Hey, I like my shit plain, no need to spoil it with ketchup, bbq sauce or mayo[aka cum; lol who ever likes that?]

Planning on getting some pollo empanizado with a 'guisado de patatas.' Damn spics cook good.
  • edited April 2011
    Box wrote: »
    Ehh. I don't like BBQs because everyone looks at me funny when I don't use a sauce.

Hey, I like my shit plain, no need to spoil it with ketchup, bbq sauce or mayo[aka cum; lol who ever likes that?]

Planning on getting some pollo empanizado with a 'guisado de patatas.' Damn spics cook good.

Yeah, I never put ketchup or anything on my burgers :thumbsup: I like my stuff plain, maybe with some cheese or something. Never really have been too much of a sauce fan.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    You know whats better than smelling bbq?

Cooking bbq. Get outside and do it yourself nigger!
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited April 2011
    Looks delish Fang^^^ and all i like on a burger is salt lots of pepper and cheese. but idk why everything that can be cooked on a bbq tastes so much better than food cooked on a conventional oven. but what i thinks beats bbQ is Pure open flame fire pit style cooking. I cooked a rack of lamb ribs on my camp fire using cedar and pine for wood and a piece of slate for my cooking surface. Needless to say that was the best rack of lamb iv ever had. no seasoning besides the fire and its own natural juices. ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, yummy
  • edited April 2011
    The smell of fresh cut grass, the smell of dead animal being torched, fuck I'm glad it's spring.
  • MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited April 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    That + summer weather = heaven for me :D

Add beer into that equation and I'm with you all the way :thumbsup:
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited April 2011
    1zmcgg4.jpg

I made this BBQ the other day - cut a gas bottle in half, welded on some bits of scaffold for legs and used a grill from a fire pit.

I made cooked a whole side of belly pork on it - had marinated it in jerk marinade.

20g of sea salt
    20g black peppercorns
    20g pinmento
    10g mace
    10g cinnamon
    1 onion 5 bay leaves
    5g thyme leaves
    4 scotch bonnet chillies
    2 tablespoons of honey
    juice from 3 limes

blend all of the stuff up and marinate the meat for at least 12 hours - sometimes I leave it 3 days.

Cooked the pork in the oven for 3 1/2 hours on a low temp and then gave it 20 minutes on the BBQ.

It was good.
  • MrBennMrBenn Regular
    edited April 2011
    Good call with the scotch bonnet chillies :thumbsup:

Home made BBQ units are great :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Drank 30ml of Lilac [Lactulose] so no BBQ for me :(
    edited April 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    1zmcgg4.jpg

I made this BBQ the other day - cut a gas bottle in half, welded on some bits of scaffold for legs and used a grill from a fire pit.

I made cooked a whole side of belly pork on it - had marinated it in jerk marinade.

20g of sea salt
    20g black peppercorns
    20g pinmento
    10g mace
    10g cinnamon
    1 onion 5 bay leaves
    5g thyme leaves
    4 scotch bonnet chillies
    2 tablespoons of honey
    juice from 3 limes

blend all of the stuff up and marinate the meat for at least 12 hours - sometimes I leave it 3 days.

Cooked the pork in the oven for 3 1/2 hours on a low temp and then gave it 20 minutes on the BBQ.

It was good.

haha thats bad ass. Good size for a lake or River.
    :thumbsup:
  • street carpstreet carp Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    Wild boar and apple sausages for me on friday. I'm also going to do some lamb chops, glazed chicken drumsticks and burgers for the kids. A crate of local craft cider and the god's smiling down on me with some good weather and it should be pretty good.
  • edited April 2011
    Wild boar and apple sausages for me on friday. I'm also going to do some lamb chops, glazed chicken drumsticks and burgers for the kids. A crate of local craft cider and the god's smiling down on me with some good weather and it should be pretty good.

Welcome to totse.info, and I am glad to see another member with interest in cooking popping up. I have never had craft brewed cider before, is it "hard" cider, and if so what do you figure the % to be?, is it cloudy or filtered?

C/O
    "mmm, wild boar and apple, a little fresh thyme, rosemary and marjoram, hell yeah, I think some sausages are in my future(no gay)"
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited April 2011
    Fuck yes! Wild pork sausages. :thumbsup:
    I haven't been hunting for so long. :(
  • street carpstreet carp Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    Welcome to totse.info, and I am glad to see another member with interest in cooking popping up. I have never had craft brewed cider before, is it "hard" cider, and if so what do you figure the % to be?, is it cloudy or filtered?

C/O
    "mmm, wild boar and apple, a little fresh thyme, rosemary and marjoram, hell yeah, I think some sausages are in my future(no gay)"

It's an apple wine from a local farmers market. I've never tried it but it was suggested to me by a work colleague, I'm going there to pick some up early on tomorrow so I'll give it a pre-party taste test and let you know how it is.

Apparently it's aimed at the tourist market so I'm expecting filtered and a relatively low ABV (10-12%).
  • edited April 2011
    It's an apple wine from a local farmers market. I've never tried it but it was suggested to me by a work colleague, I'm going there to pick some up early on tomorrow so I'll give it a pre-party taste test and let you know how it is.

Apparently it's aimed at the tourist market so I'm expecting filtered and a relatively low ABV (10-12%).

Yea, a lot of ciders aren't distilled so it probably won't be too high..
  • (nameless one)(nameless one) Regular
    edited April 2011
    I've never had it, so would venison be good to grill in a BBQ?
  • edited April 2011
    nameless1 wrote: »
    I've never had it, so would venison be good to grill in a BBQ?

Heck yeah!, operation Bambi Broiler, for sure! Venison is quite lean, and if someone asks for it well done I hope they have good strong teeth. You likely have either tenderloin, or sirloin, both are excellent cooked rare to medium, with just a little season salt tossed on towards the end. If you want some suggestions for sides, or other help, ask away.

C/O
    edited April 2011
    Brisket over the grill for 12 hours slow cook.

The best beef in the world
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited April 2011
    Yea, a lot of ciders aren't distilled so it probably won't be too high..

If a cider was distilled, it would no longer be cider. It would be Calvados / Applejack / Cider brandy.
  • edited April 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    If a cider was distilled, it would no longer be cider. It would be Calvados / Applejack / Cider brandy.

oh... good to know. Although isn't Applejack also not distilled (isn't it jacked?)

and wouldn't it just be apple brandy in lieu of cider brandy?

thanks for informing me of calvados, I wouldn't mind trying it next time I have the 50 bucks to blow on the 26:thumbsup:
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited May 2011
    Fuck yeah summer time. Going to have to build a BBQ and have a wicked camping session here soon.

Now if only the rain would piss off. It has been raining here for literally the last month straight. All the fields look like lakes, and the rivers are stupid high. Shit needs to dry out :angry:
    edited May 2011
    acid_drop wrote: »
    Fuck yeah summer time. Going to have to build a BBQ and have a wicked camping session here soon.

Now if only the rain would piss off. It has been raining here for literally the last month straight. All the fields look like lakes, and the rivers are stupid high. Shit needs to dry out :angry:

I'm hearing ya a_d. It's been raining and blowing a fucking gale here for about a couple of weeks on & off. (mostly on) :mad:
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    I'm hearing ya a_d. It's been raining and blowing a fucking gale here for about a couple of weeks on & off. (mostly on) :mad:

fucking this
    edited May 2011
    fucking this
    Damn! You getting it as well bro? Sux..:(
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited May 2011
    This is one of the good things living in the south. Plenty of good barbecue spots on the side of the road, with quality food.