The stupidity of requesting weed on craigslist

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited June 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Correction! The stupidity of mentioning anything of criminal intent online
Police didn't have to look far to find a man hoping to buy marijuana Thursday.
Michael Krebes, 31, of Vernon, put an ad on Craigslist looking to buy pot, police said.
Members of the East Central Narcotics Task Force answered the ad, and set up a location to meet Krebes.
Officers set up surveillance and waited for Krebes to arrive.
Sure enough, he showed up at the McDonald's on Main Street in Glastonbury Thursday, where police took him into custody.
Krebes was charged with Criminal Attempt/Possession of less than 4 ounces of Marijuana.
He was released on $2,500 bond.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Man-Arrested-After-Craigslist-Pot-Post-124071374.html

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Fucking obscene that someone who wanted to buy pot got arrested and had to pay bond.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited June 2011
    Fucking obscene that someone who wanted to buy pot got arrested and had to pay bond.
    Obscene that anyone should get arrested for pot in general...:(
  • edited June 2011
    Whenever I check craigslist, there are always people looking for weed, or for people to smoke with. It's probably pretty safe, because for the most part, cops have better things to do than bust these people.
    edited June 2011
    Whenever I check craigslist, there are always people looking for weed, or for people to smoke with. It's probably pretty safe, because for the most part, cops have better things to do than bust these people.
    They must have had a slow day that day, because "Krebes" got pwnd. :p
  • edited June 2011
    This reminds me of a police advertisement saying that someone had found some weed and handed it in to the police station. The cops then said something like "if anyone wants to claim the weed, come to the station", where they actually baited more than a few people and arrested them :facepalm:
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Reminds me of a mate who posted weed back from Amsterdam and one of the 5 packages were intercepted. He got a Customs and Excise letter saying they have one of his parcels/packets and that he should come and collect it.

He actually called me and asked if he should go.
    :facepalm:
  • edited June 2011
    Wow, he actually managed to get 4 packets through customs? I'd have thought that would be sniffed out in seconds.

What a donut though, I hope you slapped him :)
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    I did make it clear to him. There's only about a 20% interception rate though ;)
    edited June 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    Reminds me of a mate who posted weed back from Amsterdam and one of the 5 packages were intercepted. He got a Customs and Excise letter saying they have one of his parcels/packets and that he should come and collect it.

He actually called me and asked if he should go.
    :facepalm:
    I know someone who got raided because her brother posted seeds in a letter from mexico to nz. :facepalm:
  • edited June 2011
    He deserved to get locked up for being a retard alone
    weed was just the icing on the cake
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited June 2011
    The Internet is now saturated with narcs and pigs. They have sock puppets all over the place.