People who breathe down the mic

ARGH. Just got out of a Skype call with a couple friends, and one guy was sitting there breathing through his mouth down the mic, REALLY FUCKING LOUD.

It was like he was sitting in a wind tunnel or something. Seriously, how hard is it to get the mic away from your breath? I manage, so does everyone else, why can't you?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Its really annoying, a couple guys I used to prank with in PrankNET (through Skype) used to breathe into the mic while doing calls and the didn't even notice they were doing it.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    If it's a cheap crappy mic I found turning up the volume on the mic and yelling louder at a distance eliminates the hovering fatty breathing into the mic effect.

Or you can do what I did and realize that $20 mic you bought is a piece of shit and if you would have invested another $80 into a USB Studio Mic you wouldn't have to hover over a mic in the first place and could have saved yourself $20 instead of paying $120 for two mics.
  • edited July 2010
    Its really annoying, a couple guys I used to prank with in PrankNET (through Skype) used to breathe into the mic while doing calls and the didn't even notice they were doing it.

Yeah, he doesn't even notice. I say "move away from the mic" and you can barely hear him. It's weird, because I can be in the other room and still be heard clearly down my mic. It cost me like 5 bucks.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Yeah, he doesn't even notice. I say "move away from the mic" and you can barely hear him. It's weird, because I can be in the other room and still be heard clearly down my mic. It cost me like 5 bucks.

Probably because the dumb ass hasn't looked at his microphone settings once since he's plugged it in. When I first plugged mine in it was like 6 or 14 out of 100 on the OS controls. I bump it up to 75 and even on my cheap $20 mic I can be a good foot or two away and be picked up with ease. I also talk lower so it probably could distance out much further for the louder people.

Also the volume controls inside the software you're using the mic for affect the volume overall. It's like a double whammy that most n00bs don't realize. The OS are the most important since amatuers never think of it.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    Stab him! Stab him 12 dozen times. All in different spots. Then rape him. I mean... Ah..... nevermind. No homo.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited July 2010
    I get this shit all the time, usually from people who wear a headset and put the mic right in front of their mouths instead of along the jawline. Fuckers. Fuck it, I'm just going to stick my mic down my throat too next time someone does this shit.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    Haha way to show them.
  • edited July 2010
    That's what me and my friend started doing in the end. Just sat there, breathing really hard down our own mics. The other dude was like, "AH FUCK".
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    ^
    Cool story bro.
    No just messin.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    Is it a Darth Vader kind or down syndrome kind of heavy breathing? :confused: