StarCraft II

SliceSlice Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
...is awesome! :D I don't even own the game, but my buddy got it at the midnight launch last night, and it comes with a 7 hour free trial, so we did some midnight multiplayer last night. I was only mildly interested in it before, but now I'll probably get it as soon as I have enough money.

It definitely fixes my Command and Conquer urge that was NOT SATISFIED AT ALL with C&C 4. Fucking abomination of a game.

discuss :mad:

Comments

• kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited July 2010
    Slice wrote: »
    It definitely fixes my Command and Conquer urge that was NOT SATISFIED AT ALL with C&C 4. Fucking abomination of a game.

discuss :mad:

Lies there never was a C&C 4 ;) trust me...

I may buy it but don't you have to buy 3 separate games to get all 3 campaigns by that I mean each races campaign or am I misinformed(I may well be).
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Still downloading, will report back.
  • BigBroBigBro Regular
    edited July 2010
    Fucking Kotick.
    They sell all of the campaigns separately. Not to mention, maps can't be over 20mb and map names are censored.
    Fuck.
  • VermicideVermicide Regular
    edited July 2010
    TLV wrote: »
    Still downloading, will report back.

Torrent? Have they unencrypted it yet?
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited July 2010
    Campaign is great! im playing hard mode, somewhat challenging.

Marines and medics man, they have to be the base of any infantry seriously, marine base first!

I am a little disappointed that i cannot play any skirmish-meaning i cant play any other race than Terran.

Other than that, campaign is great!
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Vermicide wrote: »
    Torrent? Have they unencrypted it yet?

Yea, There's a RELOADED crack and everything out. I haven't gotten mine to work yet but others have.
    edited July 2010
    Lethargica wrote: »
    am a little disappointed that i cannot play any skirmish-meaning i cant play any other race than Terran.

Seems kind of strange, I'm guessing you can play them online - so is the only way to play the other two online?

Has anyone played much multiplayer yet? What's it like?
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    Just installed it last night. It's kicking ass and about to suck my weekend away. Kind of disappointing that they purposely stripped it to make it into 3 titles for a sequel, fucking jews, but so far it's soooo good :D.
  • BaconPieBaconPie Regular
    edited July 2010
    Let's burn. :)
    edited July 2010
    Sc2 has just released a patch that "optimizes saved games" or in other words, overrides your cracks. gg.
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Lethargica wrote: »
    Sc2 has just released a patch that "optimizes saved games" or in other words, overrides your cracks. gg.

Those selfish niggers.
  • Hammer TankHammer Tank Regular
    edited July 2010
    i just got it, I'm a SC noob but enjoying the campaign. +1 on marines and medics, they own. marauders aren't bad too. I like firebats but they die too quick.
    edited July 2010
    Marines/medics all the way. upgrade everything-10health and stims and the medic shit too. Never touch firebats unless handed to you freely they dont have much utility.(close range,no anti air)

Marauders are fucking ownage as well. they can micro so easily with their concussive blast. i would go an army of them if they could attack air too. they are extremly good if you know how to micro:

Marauders attack-pull back, let the rines hit them, pull back, and so on.

Also, you should upgade the protoss shit. the first thing that pops out is MORE DAMAGE. that means, marines can fukin do 8 damage. NOW with the fukin reactor, you've spent 100 minerals dealing 16 damage. THAT's one of the best trade offs in the game =]
    edited August 2010
    i just got it, I'm a SC noob but enjoying the campaign. +1 on marines and medics, they own. marauders aren't bad too. I like firebats but they die too quick.

Just wait until you get online!
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    BaconPie wrote: »
    Just wait until you get online!

That's never going to happen, even when I eventually purchase the game for a valid CD Key once it's like $19.99. Those damn Koreans ruined it for me the same way those Counter-Strike loyalists ruined "fun" in online FPS gaming. You can only take getting slaughtered so many times in a row without even a kill or win before you just give up.
    edited August 2010
    yea getting my ass handed to me in practice league is a bit frustrating. I was fairly good at Red Alert 3, so I think with practice I can be a fair SC2 player and win a few.
    edited August 2010
    Build orders and speed. Bronze to Gold league are pretty much about just being faster than the other players.
    edited August 2010
    yea practice league sucks!!! there are walls so you can't scout, and everyone just goes straight to mass aircraft or tanks. I am doing much better in bronze than I did in practice league.
    edited August 2010
    BUMP. why is the game of the year not getting the attention it deserves :mad:

Today I learned Zerg and got an achievement for 10 wins :cool:

Slice, How did you use a guest pass for multiplayer?!??!
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited August 2010
    i heard sales numbers were 1.5 million world wide in 48 hours. thats insane
    edited August 2010
    Guest passes came in the box. What's your ID? I'm BaconPie.
  • edited August 2010
    i heard sales numbers were 1.5 million world wide in 48 hours. thats insane

All of Korea will be playing.
  • jatorjator Regular
    edited August 2010
    All of Korea will be playing.

In Soviet Russia Korea plays jew!
  • edited August 2010
    $60?

Lol
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited August 2010
    BUMP. why is the game of the year not getting the attention it deserves :mad:

Today I learned Zerg and got an achievement for 10 wins :cool:

Slice, How did you use a guest pass for multiplayer?!??!

I have an actual battle.net account, there's just a 7 hour free trial that comes with SC2. You just register it with Blizzard like an actual game, and you can play the full game for free for 7 hours.
    edited August 2010
    Slice wrote: »
    and you can play the full game for free for 7 hours.

Yeah I have a couple of them, if anyone wants to give it a go you can have a trial code. Don't know if it would be worth downloading though for only 7hrs play.
  • Dose MeDose Me Regular
    edited August 2010
    What is everyone's name and character code?

I'm dying for some people to play with.
  • edited August 2010
    Well, I bought it for $60.. :o

Not disappointed, though. It kicks some ass. I've only won like two online matches (I need serious practice), and that was 2 on 2.

I thought it was shitty that there were many weapons and structures that were available in the campaign but not in multiplayer. Threw me off the first time I tried playing online and couldn't find Firebats or Medics.

EDIT: I need to learn more about general strategy and techniques, or I'll never be able to hold my own against decent players.
  • AM33NAM33N Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Heh, I enjoy playing this game when I feel like killing some time but honestly I wouldn't buy it for now. Downloaded a cracked version with skirmish enabled with all the official maps, I never played starcraft before but I always had that interest in strategy games, this game rules. I always hangout in ustream and watch sc2 tournaments online, quite fun to be honest :- P Here's a quick tut If you want to get the game working :
    • Download a retail version of Starcraft
    • Download RELOADED CRACk for SC2 # at this point you can play campaign without any problems
    • Download Offline StarCraft 2 RETAIL Launche # This enables skirmish mode
    • Download SC2 maps
    Have fun :- )
  • edited August 2010
    voidrayrushffffuuuuuu.jpg

The story of my day.
    LSA King wrote: »
    Just installed it last night. It's kicking ass and about to suck my weekend away. Kind of disappointing that they purposely stripped it to make it into 3 titles for a sequel, fucking jews, but so far it's soooo good :D.

What do you mean, "stripped"?

There's more to the game other than the campaigns in the next two?