Moving

fanglekaifanglekai Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
So how many of you have to deal with moving this summer? I moved a couple days ago and just now got my internet transferred. My new apartment is much nicer than my old one, but damn I hate moving furniture. Summer moving - the lifting, the heat, it sucks.

Comments

• blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited August 2010
    fuk it hire some people or get your friends to help you. maybe ask for help from that one girl next door.
    1.????
    2.????
    3.rape
    4.profit
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    I had my family help. It still took forever.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited August 2010
    yeah i just moved into my new house a couple of weeks ago. it was the worst shit ever. i hate moving.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm not going to move out until I totally have to, or I actually have everything I need to fully support myself in the future. Not going to be moving anywhere this summer :P
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited August 2010
    I've been living in the same place for Uni for almost 3 years. And when I moved here I had shit all furniture. So I personally don't really have any moving experiences. I bet it sucks though. Especially if the moving destination is considerably far away.
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited August 2010
    Own my townhouse and I am never fucking moving again
  • stresstres Regular
    edited August 2010
    Stuff about moving

What state you from?, mate! :p
  • thatsMYdogthatsMYdog Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah movings a bitch!! I got here like 2 weeks ago, didn't have anyone to help me get my stuff out of storage, so I'm still sitting in my empty apartment lol I tried to get some stuff myself but I couldn't really lift anything, then I saw a roach in there freaked out and left. Fail.

My friends just got back from out of town and say they can help Friday though yayy
    edited August 2010
    thatsMYdog wrote: »
    Yeah movings a bitch!! I got here like 2 weeks ago, didn't have anyone to help me get my stuff out of storage, so I'm still sitting in my empty apartment lol I tried to get some stuff myself but I couldn't really lift anything, then I saw a roach in there freaked out and left. Fail.

My friends just got back from out of town and say they can help Friday though yayy

Smash it with your shoe! I'm just glad I don't own tons of stupid, pointless shit to clutter up an apartment. I know people who have lots of junk that "makes the place look cool" when really it's just shit they put everywhere to clutter it up. Even so it was a pain to move all my stuff. Hopefully you can get settled in soon.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited August 2010
    I just moved too! Had to leave most of my furniture behind because my little 2 door car doesn't fit anything!
    edited August 2010
    I picked up 2 free couches and a computer desk from the trash this summer. Was awesome.