Some Pictures :D

DfgDfg Admin
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Meh, I wasn't planning to post them until, I finished working on this but I just post it here anyway.
totsepbn%20%281%29.JPG
totsepbn%20%282%29.JPG
totsepbn%20%283%29.JPG

Not much?

I know :)

Comments

• HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited August 2010
    lol your camera sux

pakistan lol

Cool beans, I s'pose. Take pics of the aftermath of a suicide bombing or something. I need to see the pain in their eyes before pictures of foreign people are relevant. :p
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Meh, I am using Sony Camcoder lol. What did you expect btw, I took pictures while the car was running.

DCR-TRV740E :facepalm: :(
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited August 2010
    Cool pics, yo.

What's the name of the religious clothing that guy in the first picture is wearing? I keep forgetting. Do you wear it? Do different colours mean anything? What happens if you don't wear it? And reply to my PM. :(
  • RuptureRupture Regular
    edited August 2010
    Holy motherfucker, living in pakistan must be like playing STALKER only in real life. Shit..
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Daily wrote: »
    Cool pics, yo.

What's the name of the religious clothing that guy in the first picture is wearing? I keep forgetting. Do you wear it? Do different colours mean anything? What happens if you don't wear it? And reply to my PM. :(

It's called Shalwar Kameez. Everyone wears it, including me. They come in different colors, I usually prefer white or off white but most people will wear different colors. If you don't wear it, nothing happens. People here wear jeans and pants as well. Shalwar Kameez has religious significance and most Muslims wear it when they offer salat [Prayer] in a mosque or home. Also, people tend to wear different colors according to different occasions. White color is preferred in Mosques [Friday prayers] and light/bright colors are preferred in festive days

Btw it's pretty comfortable to wear and I wear them from time to time. I do look pretty good in it :).
    Rupture wrote: »
    Holy motherfucker, living in pakistan must be like playing STALKER only in real life. Shit..
    :), for someone like me. It's piece of cake. [Except its all brown :p]
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    You can see the angst in the girl's face:

Every morning, I wake up, and walk over to the tub to wash my face. I pick up the mirror and look at myself. "You're ugly," I tell myself, "Ugly and stupid." I put on my clothes, keeping the tears inside. My father gives me several coins and sends me to the market. I step into my slippers. They are two sizes too small and bind my feet. I head out, and on the way, a camel grunts in my general direction. I pretend I don't notice. At the market, I buy some fruit and bread. I dare not look at any luxuries for they only serve to tear apart my soul. I return home, and our family shares a silent meal. I then sweep the floor and wash the clothes, still keeping my tears inside. After my chores are done, I sit down and read. I see my brother in the corner of my eye drawing with sticks in the dirt. How unaware he is of the plight in our land. I close my book, and tell my brother to wash up for dinner. During dinner, we talk. My father speaks of faraway lands with many riches, but he does not know that each word he speaks puts me more and more into my misery. As the sun sets, I warm the fire, but I only feel the coldness of the night. Father leads us in a prayer. As the day draws to a close, I sleep. The next day shall be my last.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    You can see the angst in the girl's face:

Every morning, I wake up, and walk over to the tub to wash my face. I pick up the mirror and look at myself. "You're ugly," I tell myself, "Ugly and stupid." I put on my clothes, keeping the tears inside. My father gives me several coins and sends me to the market. I step into my slippers. They are two sizes too small and bind my feet. I head out, and on the way, a camel grunts in my general direction. I pretend I don't notice. At the market, I buy some fruit and bread. I dare not look at any luxuries for they only serve to tear apart my soul. I return home, and our family shares a silent meal. I then sweep the floor and wash the clothes, still keeping my tears inside. After my chores are done, I sit down and read. I see my brother in the corner of my eye drawing with sticks in the dirt. How unaware he is of the plight in our land. I close my book, and tell my brother to wash up for dinner. During dinner, we talk. My father speaks of faraway lands with many riches, but he does not know that each word he speaks puts me more and more into my misery. As the sun sets, I warm the fire, but I only feel the coldness of the night. Father leads us in a prayer. As the day draws to a close, I sleep. The next day shall be my last.

Dammit, I will read this later lol.
  • LostInTheWoodsLostInTheWoods Regular
    edited August 2010
    So, not the whole country under water yet eh?
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    I love the second one. It's just funny.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    Looks a lot like Iraq, except less desert and more colorful and variety in trees. I don't recall seeing much past a palm tree in the raq.
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited August 2010
    Maybe I'm just stoned and drunk, but the white railing/fence in the second picture looks so pristine and out of place.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited August 2010
    The lil kid is cute.