Well, apparently...

Comments

• NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    FrY wrote: »
    Do you have a picture of yourself holding an &T sign Namaste? I don't meant to come at you and sound so hard but I feel that for you and I to have any sort of conversation about our hobbies on such a deep level I figured that a possibly signed and dated picture could bring this conversation to the....next level.

I could take one, but since everyone has decided to be an asshole to me, I'm probably leaving soon, so not sure what the sense in it would be.
    Mayberry wrote: »
    For your sake, I hope it doesn't actually happen, or else you will regret it for the rest of your life :o

^This.
    people who dont know waht to do with their time dont deserve to live.

their just a waste of o2.

Yeah, but then... suicide takes effort and planning, etc.

Honestly, though, I think people who can't spell "what" or bother to put an apostrophe in their contractions don't deserve to live, so...
    Pope wrote: »
    make youtube videos so we can make fun of them

Y'all did that on zoklet. It's old. And y'all make fun of me enough anyway. It's gotten really boring for me here because of it. Therefore, probably won't stay around much longer.

But great way to grow a community, though, guys. Make everyone leave. -_- Y'all are geniuses.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited August 2010
    Namaste wrote: »
    I could take one, but since everyone has decided to be an asshole to me, I'm probably leaving soon, so not sure what the sense in it would be.

This happened to you on Zoklet too.

PROTIP: It's because you're a really easy target. I would be willing to bet you were bullied a fair bit as a kid - I say this because you're exactly the type of person I used to target when I was in school.

No offense meant by this, but you're mentally weak. Not stupid by any means, but you have low self esteem. As a result, people like me will torment you. Because it's easy as fuck.

I like you, but I can see how easy it would be to hurt you if I wanted to be like that still. I hope you don't leave, but really it's like your only recourse in this situation. Unless you suddenly gain the ability to disregard people's comments that is.

I'm sure you've said shit like 'it doesn't bother me' a thousand times. Ironically this just results in two things: Either people try harder to hurt you because it's like daring them to up the ante, or they see it as a sign that what they're doing is working which just fuels their desire to hurt you even more.

Avoiding the bullshit will work obviously. If you stop coming here it's going to be pretty hard to hurt your feelings. On the other hand, it's pretty much a victory for the assholes. Stick it out, pussy. :mad:
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah, but then... suicide takes effort and planning, etc.

THen you'd have something to do to fill up your time ...w'nt you ? Asssssssholleeeeeeeeeee ?
    Honestly, though, I think people who can't spell "what" or bother to put an apostrophe in their contractions don't deserve to live, so...

I CAN, BUT HAD CHOSEN *NOT* TO. And people who cant differentiate people who cant and poeple who choose not to dont HAVE THE RIGHT TO POST. Their retardation qualifies them to be disqualified from totse .... and internet in general.

GTFOMIYLCSP.

won't stay around much longer.

the log out button is just right there ... at the top right corner of this page.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    This happened to you on Zoklet too.

PROTIP: It's because you're a really easy target. I would be willing to bet you were bullied a fair bit as a kid - I say this because you're exactly the type of person I used to target when I was in school.

No offense meant by this, but you're mentally weak. Not stupid by any means, but you have low self esteem. As a result, people like me will torment you. Because it's easy as fuck.

I like you, but I can see how easy it would be to hurt you if I wanted to be like that still. I hope you don't leave, but really it's like your only recourse in this situation. Unless you suddenly gain the ability to disregard people's comments that is.

I'm sure you've said shit like 'it doesn't bother me' a thousand times. Ironically this just results in two things: Either people try harder to hurt you because it's like daring them to up the ante, or they see it as a sign that what they're doing is working which just fuels their desire to hurt you even more.

Avoiding the bullshit will work obviously. If you stop coming here it's going to be pretty hard to hurt your feelings. On the other hand, it's pretty much a victory for the assholes. Stick it out, pussy. :mad:

It's not that it bothers me emotionally so much as it just make totse completely and utterly boring for me, because any attempt at having any kind of conversation is followed by a bunch people just mindlessly insulting/mocking me. No real substance. Not really very interesting. I'm not sure I have the attention span to handle it really. I like it here when they're are enough decent people around to have a conversation, but if that's completely impossible to do, than totse is 100% useless to me and it's time to move on.

Idk. It doesn't really hurt my feelings, hence my still being here. The only reason it bothers me, is because it defeats the whole purpose of &T for me. And I never said leave for good. But if it doesn't die down within the next few days, I'll probably take off for a bit just to let things cool down. We'll just have to wait and see.

Or I may have to go get some adderall. Which would give me endless patience, and then this would be fine. But like staring at a wall is more fun than being here when everyone is like this, just because everyone is saying so much, but none of it means a damn thing, really.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    It's not that it bothers me emotionally so much as it just make totse completely and utterly boring for me, because any attempt at having any kind of conversation is followed by a bunch people just mindlessly insulting/mocking me. No real substance. Not really very interesting. I'm not sure I have the attention span to handle it really. I like it here when they're are enough decent people around to have a conversation, but if that's completely impossible to do, than totse is 100% useless to me and it's time to move on.

Idk. It doesn't really hurt my feelings, hence my still being here. The only reason it bothers me, is because it defeats the whole purpose of &T for me. And I never said leave for good. But if it doesn't die down within the next few days, I'll probably take off for a bit just to let things cool down. We'll just have to wait and see.

Or I may have to go get some adderall. Which would give me endless patience, and then this would be fine. But like staring at a wall is more fun than being here when everyone is like this, just because everyone is saying so much, but none of it means a damn thing, really.

If you wanted conversation you'd make conversation, not threads bitching about your life. Try making a thread where you aren't complaining and see how it goes.
  • edited August 2010
    What's the point of having conversations when all the conversations here ended lacking the one thing that matter, INTELLIGENCE ?

99% of posters here, mods and you included, are proven and card carrying retards with attention shorter than a 9 year old's dick. FFS, we even have mod that cant understand the meaning of the word "interpretation" ......

I made intelligent threads, look what happened to them ..... they're dead and cold.
    edited August 2010
    What's the point of having conversations when all the conversations here ended lacking the one thing that matter, INTELLIGENCE ?

99% of posters here, mods and you included, are proven and card carrying retards with attention shorter than a 9 year old's dick. FFS, we even have mod that cant understand the meaning of the word "interpretation" ......

I made intelligent threads, look what happened to them ..... they're dead and cold.

Keep trying. The more people who post and contribute the better the forum will be.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    If you wanted conversation you'd make conversation, not threads bitching about your life. Try making a thread where you aren't complaining and see how it goes.

Well, genius, this was one, and not well. It did not go well at all. If you bothered to pay attention, ONE thread intentionally bitching about my life that was in the section that is made for doing so, does not equal every thread I'd ever made. Like this one. I'm not complaining about anything at all. I'm asking a question. Yet y'all are acting like total retards.

This could have been a great thread for discussion, but none of y'all could get your head out of your ass long enough to contemplate the definition of "complaining" and realize, at least in this thread, I didn't make it complaining about anything at all. God, y'all are all idiots.
    edited August 2010
    Well, genius, this was one, and not well. It did not go well at all. If you bothered to pay attention, ONE thread intentionally bitching about my life that was in the section that is made for doing so, does not equal every thread I'd ever made. Like this one. I'm not complaining about anything at all. I'm asking a question. Yet y'all are acting like total retards.

This could have been a great thread for discussion, but none of y'all could get your head out of your ass long enough to contemplate the definition of "complaining" and realize, at least in this thread, I didn't make it complaining about anything at all. God, y'all are all idiots.

If I didn't know better I'd say you were doing this intentionally to troll everyone.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    If I didn't know better I'd say you were doing this intentionally to troll everyone.

What the heck? It seems like you're the troll really. I mean, you say "try making a thread where you're not complaining and see how it goes", but this IS that fucking kind of thread. I don't know what the hell you want from me. You just talk and talk, but it's pretty clear you don't bother to THINK.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    TOTSE is for lulz and (mis)information. You provide neither.
    edited August 2010
    You're funny.
    edited August 2010

Yes. This bolded part especially. Adderall is amazing. I am on it. Obviously. So this is long as fuck. I repeat: LONG AS FUCK. And probably not worth the read to most of you. But Namaste, read it all. Honestly, I spent like two hours writing this and trying to get it just right. And 90% of it is meant for you. Sorry if anything I say in it hurts your feelings, but if it does just keep reading. I <3 you. I <3 everyone here. Y'all are like my family. Also I am speedin' a bit. I need a fucking cig.

Also sorry if this doesn't make as much sense as I think it does. I'm in that state of mind where it's like anything I write is pretty much the word of God, but I could just be incredibly overconfident because of the phet.

Namaste, your "y'alls" may be rubbing off on me, ho. :mad:

The rest of you, read this at your own peril. You might die of old age halfway through. I'm only saying this to avoid liability. I don't want your loved one's suing me because you couldn't tear your eyes away from this well written... whatever this is either. I will also warn you here and now that I'm too fucking amazing to be good for your health. If you're left permanently blinded by my brilliance, that is also on you. I suggest learning to read braille before you continue. Just in case.

Oh, and I can't be held accountable for anything in the half-time show either. So can it, moralfags.

The post begins...
    I know what you mean Namaste, I really do. It used to be like that with the highlighter stuff. It never hurt me. Like 80% of the time it has actually been pretty funny, but it really does get pretty boring having everything you say dismissed offhand with 'lol whale' or 'lol highlighter'. Not that dismissing my statements offhand is an issue, but when you become a meme of sorts... people stop being creative about it. That's the thing that makes it so gruelling.

Like I said, it's lulzy half the time but seriously people - you used to go way too far with that shit. It stopped being funny or lulzy and just became words on a page. Again, I never got butthurt about what you were saying though. That much should have been discernible just by reading the original highlighter thread - I found (and still do find) my stupidity on that day FUNNY AS FUCK. It's worth noting the highlighter incident itself was obviously a different case... that was literal butthurt at it's finest, but just the right amount of butthurt leads to morphine. So... FUCK YEAH HAPHAZARD ANAL PLAY ALL THE WAY.

About the only effect it had was what namaste is describing. It just made posting unbearably boring. What's the point in contributing if everything you say and every post you make is dismissed offhand, just because saying something completely worthless to poster X has practically become a meme. It doesn't further the discussion, and it doesn't even bring lulz after a point. Most people tire of the 'meme' after a while. That period of time is probably directly proportional to the epicness of what people are commenting about.

When that time has elapsed, it's just like people are saying it out of obligation. And at that point all you're doing is killing the site. I mean that - it really does kill a site. A couple idiots are laughing still, sure. Maybe even a couple smart people. But most people don't even react to it anymore. They don't give a shit. And your Aspergers-esque obsession with the topic makes it seem like you're training for the Olympics. That is if being pointless and uncreative was an Olympic event. It's like reading a fact out of a textbook: "HTS-Noob shoved a highlighter up his ass when he was 15. This is funny. You should laugh." or in Namste's case "Namaste is fat. LOL at this."

And really, it just shows how stupid some people are. Instead of putting effort into their post, they attempt to appear funny by merely referencing something they found funny. Things get old, folks. Honestly. Although for the highlighter it's kind of like people (myself included) are indie hipster faggots. It was awesome at first, it got boring, and now it's been so long its nostalgic. For a hipster things becomes ironic after this long and therefore fashionable. Or I read that somewhere anyway.

Rest assured though Namaste, people will stop caring and the flow of comments will slow to a trickle. If you stay long enough. Establish yourself as a permanent presence. Like I said, the period of time before it gets old is directly proportional to how epic the subject at hand is. You should also probably factor in how much of a reaction the person involved gives. Your weight (which seems to be what's brought up in regards to you) isn't even that epic.

You're definitely not the biggest girl to hit totse that's for sure - ChubChub's blood type was roast beef. When she hit totse, she hit it literally. Like a meteor. Only she was bigger - she was more like... a mobile black hole. Her gravitational field was responsible for nearly all the totse downtime. She was so fat her gravity managed would pull server cables loose. Once or twice her mass even managed to suck in the whole server. Nobody ever saw that hardware again (not that they'd want to). Once it crossed her event horizon and it was gone forever, although perhaps it was released in the form of ChubChub-Hawking radiation.

But you my dear, your blood type - if we're gonna use this as an analogy - is like... milk or something. It's nothing to be worried about is what I'm getting at. You're not as huge as you or others make out. :p

You've got some fat, no doubt, but true facts - when you lose it I can tell you'll be pretty smokin'. You're already cute, and I don't mean that in the placating 'you're not hot but your personality makes up for it' way. Although maybe my taste isn't the norm, I don't know. I do have a no fat chicks rule, and you do not cross that threshold. You're not even dangerously close to crossing it.

Your body isn't horrible by any means. When you come out of your cocoon so to speak, I bet you'll suffer from Ugly Duckling Syndrome the rest of your natural life though. But that will just make you like... the catch of a lifetime.

PS: The following is the longest 'PS' ever. Even though technically I guess it's a 'PPS'. But first, it's halftime! Grab a beer, the post will be back momentarily. In a couple sentences, the half-time show starts. So be quick about it. Or you'll miss out on all the fun. We have Janet Jackson here tonight, and she will be out shortly to perform with Justin Timberlake. We hope you enjoy the show.

janetsboob.jpg

Jesus I love/hate Adderall.

PPS: There's one other thing about you though that spurs this stupidity on. You self deprecate a lot. To make matters worse you do it all fuckin' wrong. The way I used to do it. The same way I still do sometimes. You basically shit all over yourself without provocation or warning, and it invites others to do the same. It's almost like you want it. Again ironically, low self esteem is a bitch like that, and (whether consciously or not) I guarantee you're really just hoping someone will tell you that you look good and to stop complaining. Even if the real effect - especially on a site like this - is the exact opposite.

Well, hey you don't look perfect. Fuck girl, I'm not going to lie to you. You seem to know this. You probably also know that not everyone does look perfect. I'm sure as fuck not the epitome of attractiveness. I'm no Adonis. On the bright side, you know these things about yourself. You're not some hideous bitch. And you're definitely not some hideous fat whale that thinks she's the hottest shit to hit Earth since sunlight. What you do with this knowledge is the real measure of who you are. Understanding you aren't a perfect 10 CK model, or an anorexic twig on the runway is a great first step, but as a big PROTIP: you need to work on those issues for it to mean anything of real value.

You probably do work on it. If you do, congrats. You're one step ahead of a lot of people out there. You're also probably 10x better of a human being, because knowing this about yourself makes you humble. At the same time, even if you do work on it, it's pretty clear you like to wallow in self pity from time to time.

And hey, it's a great hobby don't get me wrong. I'm quite fond of it myself. Just don't get so down that you let the pity interfere with your efforts to better yourself, because that's a seriously vicious cycle from which it's hard as fuck to escape. As it is with me and employment - I whine about not being employed a whole lot, but at the same time I spend so much time depressed and wallowing that I don't even bother looking. I write it off as futile, like it won't work out anyway, so why bother. Just because I've tried 'hard' in the past. I give brief bursts of conviction to solving the problem and when I see no immediate return for my effort, the cycle repeats. Well, odds are it would eventually pay off if I actually fucking did something about it and stuck with it. Same goes for any of lifes problems. So I hope if you do work on bettering yourself and becoming more confident that you don't fall into the same trap.

Oh lawdy, I got kind of sidetracked there. Self deprecation is a handy tactic when used right - being able to laugh at your flaws and stupidity when it's appropriate is arguably a great personality trait. The thing is, I felt the need to do it preemptively. You seem to as well. And that's a dangerous line to tip-toe - it's easy to cross if your low self esteem is fucking with your head.

It can work well, but only when it's really obvious that you're about to catch flak because of "whatever". But that "whatever" should be so unarguably worthy of ridicule that you'd have to be an idiot to assume people weren't to give you shit. Perfect example being the highlighter thread, which in my adderall induced cockiness I feel I handled like a pro. I preemptively ridiculed myself and laughed at it because honestly, who the fuck wouldn't find that funny on a site like this. All I had to do was imagine it happening to someone else. It was a pretty obvious place to be self deprecating, but that's the point I'm trying to make - it needs to be obvious, or you'll end up making people react to flaw that they'd never have noticed or cared about.

So yeah, I spent a long ass time writing this. It's like an essay plus a heartfelt letter to anyone who cares to read it and can relate.

Obligatory: inb4tl;dr
  • LostInTheWoodsLostInTheWoods Regular
    edited August 2010
    *Wall of text*

TL;DR

Nah just kidding, i acctualy read it. Serious.

I guess you made some kind of sense. Maybe... :thumbsup:
    edited August 2010
    Yes. This bolded part especially. Adderall is amazing. I am on it. Obviously. So this is long as fuck. I repeat: LONG AS FUCK. And probably not worth the read to most of you. But Namaste, read it all. Honestly, I spent like two hours writing this and trying to get it just right. And 90% of it is meant for you. Sorry if anything I say in it hurts your feelings, but if it does just keep reading. I <3 you. I <3 everyone here. Y'all are like my family. Also I am speedin' a bit. I need a fucking cig.

Also sorry if this doesn't make as much sense as I think it does. I'm in that state of mind where it's like anything I write is pretty much the word of God, but I could just be incredibly overconfident because of the phet.

Namaste, your "y'alls" may be rubbing off on me, ho. :mad:

The rest of you, read this at your own peril. You might die of old age halfway through. I'm only saying this to avoid liability. I don't want your loved one's suing me because you couldn't tear your eyes away from this well written... whatever this is either. I will also warn you here and now that I'm too fucking amazing to be good for your health. If you're left permanently blinded by my brilliance, that is also on you. I suggest learning to read braille before you continue. Just in case.

Oh, and I can't be held accountable for anything in the half-time show either. So can it, moralfags.

The post begins...
    I know what you mean Namaste, I really do. It used to be like that with the highlighter stuff. It never hurt me. Like 80% of the time it has actually been pretty funny, but it really does get pretty boring having everything you say dismissed offhand with 'lol whale' or 'lol highlighter'. Not that dismissing my statements offhand is an issue, but when you become a meme of sorts... people stop being creative about it. That's the thing that makes it so gruelling.

Like I said, it's lulzy half the time but seriously people - you used to go way too far with that shit. It stopped being funny or lulzy and just became words on a page. Again, I never got butthurt about what you were saying though. That much should have been discernible just by reading the original highlighter thread - I found (and still do find) my stupidity on that day FUNNY AS FUCK. It's worth noting the highlighter incident itself was obviously a different case... that was literal butthurt at it's finest, but just the right amount of butthurt leads to morphine. So... FUCK YEAH HAPHAZARD ANAL PLAY ALL THE WAY.

About the only effect it had was what namaste is describing. It just made posting unbearably boring. What's the point in contributing if everything you say and every post you make is dismissed offhand, just because saying something completely worthless to poster X has practically become a meme. It doesn't further the discussion, and it doesn't even bring lulz after a point. Most people tire of the 'meme' after a while. That period of time is probably directly proportional to the epicness of what people are commenting about.

When that time has elapsed, it's just like people are saying it out of obligation. And at that point all you're doing is killing the site. I mean that - it really does kill a site. A couple idiots are laughing still, sure. Maybe even a couple smart people. But most people don't even react to it anymore. They don't give a shit. And your Aspergers-esque obsession with the topic makes it seem like you're training for the Olympics. That is if being pointless and uncreative was an Olympic event. It's like reading a fact out of a textbook: "HTS-Noob shoved a highlighter up his ass when he was 15. This is funny. You should laugh." or in Namste's case "Namaste is fat. LOL at this."

And really, it just shows how stupid some people are. Instead of putting effort into their post, they attempt to appear funny by merely referencing something they found funny. Things get old, folks. Honestly. Although for the highlighter it's kind of like people (myself included) are indie hipster faggots. It was awesome at first, it got boring, and now it's been so long its nostalgic. For a hipster things becomes ironic after this long and therefore fashionable. Or I read that somewhere anyway.

Rest assured though Namaste, people will stop caring and the flow of comments will slow to a trickle. If you stay long enough. Establish yourself as a permanent presence. Like I said, the period of time before it gets old is directly proportional to how epic the subject at hand is. You should also probably factor in how much of a reaction the person involved gives. Your weight (which seems to be what's brought up in regards to you) isn't even that epic.

You're definitely not the biggest girl to hit totse that's for sure - ChubChub's blood type was roast beef. When she hit totse, she hit it literally. Like a meteor. Only she was bigger - she was more like... a mobile black hole. Her gravitational field was responsible for nearly all the totse downtime. She was so fat her gravity managed would pull server cables loose. Once or twice her mass even managed to suck in the whole server. Nobody ever saw that hardware again (not that they'd want to). Once it crossed her event horizon and it was gone forever, although perhaps it was released in the form of ChubChub-Hawking radiation.

But you my dear, your blood type - if we're gonna use this as an analogy - is like... milk or something. It's nothing to be worried about is what I'm getting at. You're not as huge as you or others make out. :p

You've got some fat, no doubt, but true facts - when you lose it I can tell you'll be pretty smokin'. You're already cute, and I don't mean that in the placating 'you're not hot but your personality makes up for it' way. Although maybe my taste isn't the norm, I don't know. I do have a no fat chicks rule, and you do not cross that threshold. You're not even dangerously close to crossing it.

Your body isn't horrible by any means. When you come out of your cocoon so to speak, I bet you'll suffer from Ugly Duckling Syndrome the rest of your natural life though. But that will just make you like... the catch of a lifetime.

PS: The following is the longest 'PS' ever. Even though technically I guess it's a 'PPS'. But first, it's halftime! Grab a beer, the post will be back momentarily. In a couple sentences, the half-time show starts. So be quick about it. Or you'll miss out on all the fun. We have Janet Jackson here tonight, and she will be out shortly to perform with Justin Timberlake. We hope you enjoy the show.

janetsboob.jpg

Jesus I love/hate Adderall.

PPS: There's one other thing about you though that spurs this stupidity on. You self deprecate a lot. To make matters worse you do it all fuckin' wrong. The way I used to do it. The same way I still do sometimes. You basically shit all over yourself without provocation or warning, and it invites others to do the same. It's almost like you want it. Again ironically, low self esteem is a bitch like that, and (whether consciously or not) I guarantee you're really just hoping someone will tell you that you look good and to stop complaining. Even if the real effect - especially on a site like this - is the exact opposite.

Well, hey you don't look perfect. Fuck girl, I'm not going to lie to you. You seem to know this. You probably also know that not everyone does look perfect. I'm sure as fuck not the epitome of attractiveness. I'm no Adonis. On the bright side, you know these things about yourself. You're not some hideous bitch. And you're definitely not some hideous fat whale that thinks she's the hottest shit to hit Earth since sunlight. What you do with this knowledge is the real measure of who you are. Understanding you aren't a perfect 10 CK model, or an anorexic twig on the runway is a great first step, but as a big PROTIP: you need to work on those issues for it to mean anything of real value.

You probably do work on it. If you do, congrats. You're one step ahead of a lot of people out there. You're also probably 10x better of a human being, because knowing this about yourself makes you humble. At the same time, even if you do work on it, it's pretty clear you like to wallow in self pity from time to time.

And hey, it's a great hobby don't get me wrong. I'm quite fond of it myself. Just don't get so down that you let the pity interfere with your efforts to better yourself, because that's a seriously vicious cycle from which it's hard as fuck to escape. As it is with me and employment - I whine about not being employed a whole lot, but at the same time I spend so much time depressed and wallowing that I don't even bother looking. I write it off as futile, like it won't work out anyway, so why bother. Just because I've tried 'hard' in the past. I give brief bursts of conviction to solving the problem and when I see no immediate return for my effort, the cycle repeats. Well, odds are it would eventually pay off if I actually fucking did something about it and stuck with it. Same goes for any of lifes problems. So I hope if you do work on bettering yourself and becoming more confident that you don't fall into the same trap.

Oh lawdy, I got kind of sidetracked there. Self deprecation is a handy tactic when used right - being able to laugh at your flaws and stupidity when it's appropriate is arguably a great personality trait. The thing is, I felt the need to do it preemptively. You seem to as well. And that's a dangerous line to tip-toe - it's easy to cross if your low self esteem is fucking with your head.

It can work well, but only when it's really obvious that you're about to catch flak because of "whatever". But that "whatever" should be so unarguably worthy of ridicule that you'd have to be an idiot to assume people weren't to give you shit. Perfect example being the highlighter thread, which in my adderall induced cockiness I feel I handled like a pro. I preemptively ridiculed myself and laughed at it because honestly, who the fuck wouldn't find that funny on a site like this. All I had to do was imagine it happening to someone else. It was a pretty obvious place to be self deprecating, but that's the point I'm trying to make - it needs to be obvious, or you'll end up making people react to flaw that they'd never have noticed or cared about.

So yeah, I spent a long ass time writing this. It's like an essay plus a heartfelt letter to anyone who cares to read it and can relate.

I read the whole thing. It's interesting to get your perspective on the highlighter incident. I remember that thread. It was epic and hilarious and became one of the totse legends. I guess celebrity gets old after a while.

What I wish namaste would do would be to post in the serious forums. SG, HB and B&M get the most trolling. They're the least serious forums on here. When people post shit like "omfg my life sucks so bad guys" or "ya'll are dumb" you're inviting people to make fun of you. Acting butthurt makes you a target to be trolled (backtrace, anyone?). I guess this is something I learned growing up in west philidelphia where I was born and raised and on the playground I spent most of my days chillin out max and relaxing.
    edited August 2010
    TL;DR

Nah just kidding, i acctualy read it. Serious.

I guess you made some kind of sense. Maybe... :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm kinda lost in the woods myself. I need cigs like a motherfucker.
  • Swamp JunkySwamp Junky Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Namaste, I really don't know why you bitch about people being mean to you. I tried to be nice and ask you how your first day of school was, and then you started being a bitch to me for it.
    So honestly, I think if you're going to act stupid like that you can fuck off &T.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    Namaste, I really don't know why you bitch about people being mean to you. I tried to be nice and ask you how your first day of school was, and then you started being a bitch to me for it.
    So honestly, I think if you're going to act stupid like that you can fuck off &T.

You asked me about it because you "didn't see a thread of me complaining about it", therefore, I know you're just one of those assholes who can't let anything go anyway. So why would I want to discuss anything with you when you start off making fun of me like that, I guess because it's the "cool" thing to do?
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    And HTS... read all of that, but don't remember it so well. So yeah.

But the part about me being fat, it's not like I don't try. I pretty much restrict constantly now, but a doc recently informed me it's not a lifestyle issue, it's a hormonal/chemical one. Which fucking sucks, because I can starve myself until I pass out, and still lose next to nothing. But if he can help me out like he says I can, I should be back to my old self in no time. Used to be pretty skinny, but I honestly still didn't look good. =/

don't remember much else, and I'm kind of out of it. But something about self-deprecation being an issue for me... which maybe it is, but I don't ever MEAN to do it, so I'm not sure what to do. A lot of times I'm either just joking, or being honest... and the second one, I can't stop, it's not who I am. I'm not all that great, so I'm not afraid to discuss my flaws. There is no ulterior motive involved, just that that sort of honesty is just who I am, and it's one of the few things about myself that I actually really feel is a decent quality.
    edited August 2010
    You asked me about it because you "didn't see a thread of me complaining about it", therefore, I know you're just one of those assholes who can't let anything go anyway. So why would I want to discuss anything with you when you start off making fun of me like that, I guess because it's the "cool" thing to do?

I meant it as a joke so I wouldn't come off as a creep or some shit.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    I meant it as a joke so I wouldn't come off as a creep or some shit.

Well, then sorry I misunderstood. It's easy to take such things the wrong way on the internet. I just figured you were one of the guys who wanted to annoy me mercilessly about whatever... and it gets old. =/
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited August 2010
    Which fucking sucks, because I can starve myself until I pass out, and still lose next to nothing.

A little but off topic sorry, but;
    Never starve yourself to lose weight! Don't even eat under 1000 calories that can be harmful to you. You should eat 5-6 proportional meals a day. Eat only good carbs for you, and try not to eat any after lunch. The body burns carbs, fat, then muscle. Also you need to eat a little but of fat but good fat, such as nuts, and olive oil. When you are working out to lose weight make sure you keep your protein intake up.
    edited August 2010
    Never starve yourself to lose weight! Don't even eat under 1000 calories that can be harmful to you. You should eat 5-6 proportional meals a day. Eat only good carbs for you, and try not to eat any after lunch. The body burns carbs, fat, then muscle. Also you need to eat a little but of fat but good fat, such as nuts, and olive oil. When you are working out to lose weight make sure you keep your protein intake up.

Unless they're into intense exercise, most people really aren't going to see lots of weight loss from typical exercise. The only real way to lose weight is to eat properly. You've given very good advice on that already. If the goal is weight loss, then she should try to build more muscle, which I think you're suggesting but didn't state explicitly. Since muscle burns calories on its own, she'll lose more weight from gaining muscle. Building muscle requires protein.

There are also foods that boost the metabolism. Caffeine and chili peppers are a few. Google for more.
    edited August 2010
    ^
    Yes i was suggesting building muscle but that word normally scares girls because they think they are going to get manly which is not possible unless they are on steroids because they don't produce enough testosterone by themselves. Thanks for clearing that up for me i didn't make a complete thought on it.:thumbsup:
    edited August 2010
    ^
    Yes i was suggesting building muscle but that word normally scares girls because they think they are going to get manly which is not possible unless they are on steroids because they don't produce enough testosterone by themselves. Thanks for clearing that up for me i didn't make a complete thought on it.:thumbsup:

Haha no problem. I tell my friends that they will not get manly and they don't believe me. They think that lifting 3 lbs 200 times will get them "toned." I even bring up exercise studies saying that "toning" doesn't work like that, and that women will look better and lose more weight by doing proper weight training, but they don't believe me. Oh well!
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    I just starve and restrict now so I don't feel guilty. Because I tried healthy dieting for a long time, and I get tons of exercise anyway, but started like a structured workout program, and pretty much nothing. And if my doctor is right, which he's a genius, I'd be surprised if he wasn't, until he gets it straightened out, I won't really be able to lose weight.

I know starving/restricting isn't the way to go when trying to lose weight, but it just helps me cope with being fat. I feel like it somehow justifies it.
    edited August 2010
    Starving/restricting doesn't help and will only make you gain MORE weight when you stop. You need to increase your protein intake, cut out simple carbs and eat only whole grain carbs, preferably with lots of fiber. Download P90X from demonoid.com. If you do that shit, you will get ripped.
    edited August 2010
    Download P90X from demonoid.com. If you do that shit, you will get ripped.

I don't think P90X is suitable if you just want to lose weight, yes you will but it will be nothing like Insanity. Download Insanity it if you actually follow it i bet you will be guaranteed to lose weight. It is a lot more cardio/ pilates based compared to P90X. Don't get me wrong though P90X does wonders if you want to gain muscle and also lose some weight, but IMO Insanity is more based on weight loss.
    edited August 2010
    I don't think P90X is suitable if you just want to lose weight, yes you will but it will be nothing like Insanity. Download Insanity it if you actually follow it i bet you will be guaranteed to lose weight. It is a lot more cardio/ pilates based compared to P90X. Don't get me wrong though P90X does wonders if you want to gain muscle and also lose some weight, but IMO Insanity is more based on weight loss.

Well they actually have several plans you can follow. One is P90X lean, which is supposed to be for weight loss. Basically you just do the same videos but in a different order/combination and follow a different diet. Doing any program is better than nothing, though. That's for sure.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    My dad wants to do P90X so we'll probably do that soon. I wanna do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred or whatever, because she's like amazing, so maybe I'll do that too. Idk.

And again, I know starving/restricting doesn't help with weight loss... but it just makes me feel better...
    edited August 2010
    My dad wants to do P90X so we'll probably do that soon. I wanna do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred or whatever, because she's like amazing, so maybe I'll do that too. Idk.

And again, I know starving/restricting doesn't help with weight loss... but it just makes me feel better...

Wanna know what'll make you feel better? Actual results. 30 days is not enough time to change much. Losing weight the healthy way - 2 lbs/week - means you'd lose 8 lbs in a month. In 3 months (90 days with a program like P90x) you should lose 24 lbs. However, if you actually do the program you'll be gaining some weight from muscle growth. Having more muscle might mean you weigh more than if you didn't have as much, but muscle looks better than fat and makes you burn more calories without having to do anything.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    And HTS... read all of that, but don't remember it so well. So yeah.

But the part about me being fat, it's not like I don't try. I pretty much restrict constantly now, but a doc recently informed me it's not a lifestyle issue, it's a hormonal/chemical one. Which fucking sucks, because I can starve myself until I pass out, and still lose next to nothing. But if he can help me out like he says I can, I should be back to my old self in no time. Used to be pretty skinny, but I honestly still didn't look good. =/

don't remember much else, and I'm kind of out of it. But something about self-deprecation being an issue for me... which maybe it is, but I don't ever MEAN to do it, so I'm not sure what to do. A lot of times I'm either just joking, or being honest... and the second one, I can't stop, it's not who I am. I'm not all that great, so I'm not afraid to discuss my flaws. There is no ulterior motive involved, just that that sort of honesty is just who I am, and it's one of the few things about myself that I actually really feel is a decent quality.

Ok yeah I am just agreeing with Albino here. Namaste I dont really like you but here is some advice. Starving yourself is stupid. And causes more chemical problems that give you more problems and once you get to the point were you need to eat you gorge because your body needs to have food and nutrients. Without nutrients your body wont burn off fat. It isnt about the diet your on. Its about eating proper well getting a lot of excessive. Eat 5 times a day from now on. small meals that dont quite fill you up. Try and fill yourself up on raw vegetables sometimes. They help you because they dont have fat and that gives you space to work more off. When I say 5 meals I dont mean full cooked meals. Produce three times a day and meals 2 times a day. Have a healthy breakfast wait an hour and then go on a jog for 30 mins to an hour. Fasting is not a helping situation. Lucky for me I have an incredibly high metabolism and a small appetite so I dont really have to worry. Just because you have a chemical unbalance does not mean that you are sworn to be fat. As long as you do things right you can overdue anything and stay skinny.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited August 2010
    smoke weed
    chat on irc
    read/write
    listen/find music
    clay sculpture
    guitar

get an instrument imo
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    Wanna know what'll make you feel better? Actual results. 30 days is not enough time to change much. Losing weight the healthy way - 2 lbs/week - means you'd lose 8 lbs in a month. In 3 months (90 days with a program like P90x) you should lose 24 lbs. However, if you actually do the program you'll be gaining some weight from muscle growth. Having more muscle might mean you weigh more than if you didn't have as much, but muscle looks better than fat and makes you burn more calories without having to do anything.

Didn't say that was all I'd ever do. -_- Just something I wanna try. Probably try it and then p90x, since I kinda wanna do that too. But just like... it'd be something I'd find fun, I think, because I love Jillian Michaels.

But right now, it doesn't matter. 'Til my doctor figures out what exactly is wrong with me, and figures out what must be fixed in order for me to lose weight, it's no good anyway.

I was pretty much skinny all my life, my diet was pretty balanced and decent, and a few years ago, I started gaining weight, though I was still eating healthy and exercising tons. And then I spent like a year more focused on healthy dieting than ever, and then nothing. So it's not like I'm not trying at this point, it's just like... you can give me all the advice in the world, but it doesn't make it better. I mean, I guess I'm not trying as hard as I could to be healthy currently, but when you try so hard for so long and get no results, and then you're told flat out it's not just all in your head, it's a medical issue, you're just kind of drained and you let up a bit until someone can tell you what you need to do. Because you get so tired of trying so hard for so long and having nothing happen.

Starving/restricting is my way of coping with it emotionally, honestly. Like a defense mechanism, because everyone assumes I'm the typical fat girl, I eat my feelings and whatnot, and it makes me feel good to know they're wrong about that. I know it's stupid. And a bit extreme. I know everything you're telling me already. But currently, it's kind of the only way I can live with myself. =/

But guys, really, I obsess, there is nothing you could tell me about nutrition that I do not know. Seriously. But at this point, it's sort of a waiting game for me. Until we figure out what's wrong, I know from past experience all the effort in the world isn't going to do me any good...
    edited August 2010
    Look at the bright side, there's always going to be someone that's fatter. Just make fun of them and you'll feel better about yourself.
    Also, can you post your picture again? I forgot what you look like and I don't remember you as being that big.

And don't worry so much about what other people think, I know its hard to do but I find that it makes me happier.
    And I hope your doctor can figure out what's wrong and help you.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    Look at the bright side, there's always going to be someone that's fatter. Just make fun of them and you'll feel better about yourself.
    Also, can you post your picture again? I forgot what you look like and I don't remember you as being that big.

And don't worry so much about what other people think, I know its hard to do but I find that it makes me happier.
    And I hope your doctor can figure out what's wrong and help you.

I couldn't do that. Idk. Not that I ever really see anyone I think is fatter than me anyway, but I mean, I could never make fun of someone else for that kind of thing, I guess because it's such a sensitive subject for me. I would just feel too bad doing that to someone else, I think it'd make it worse. >.<

307t5s7.jpg

That's probably the only picture I'll be willing to post on here for a while, since people tend to take the fact I posted it, and run with it.
  • edited August 2010
    i never know there is a girl here.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    I wish I'd posted a different picture. I'm really starting to hate that one, because my hair looks SO short, because it's in a ponytail, and you can't really see that part. =( Ugh.
    edited August 2010
    Yeah you're not even that big. I have to see way worse almost every day. So I wouldn't wprry so much about other people calling you fat if I were you. They just say it cause they know it bothers you.
  • edited August 2010
    I think it's a lovely picture.
    edited August 2010
    If it's any consolation, I've probably fucked worse at some point in my life.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah you're not even that big. I have to see way worse almost every day. So I wouldn't wprry so much about other people calling you fat if I were you. They just say it cause they know it bothers you.

Idk. I feel like I'm pretty big. >.< But thanks, I guess.
    I think it's a lovely picture.

Thanks...
    If it's any consolation, I've probably fucked worse at some point in my life.

Good to know... I guess...
    edited August 2010
    Looks good. :o

Man_the_Harpoons.jpg
    edited August 2010
    ^You gotta fire them at something :D

man_the_harpoons.jpg
    edited August 2010
    ^^^
    Retreat! I don't think the harpoons are big enough! :o:o:o

155-fuck-the-harpoons-man-the-giant-fuckin-saw-thing.jpg
    edited August 2010
    ^It's not enough...

Harpoons_ion_cannons.jpg?1250962899
    edited August 2010
    ^^^^
    That isn't either!

fuck%20the%20harpoons.jpg
    edited August 2010
    ^We require more firepower!

1233540835543.jpg.%5Broflposters.com%5D.myspace.jpg
    edited August 2010
    ^^^
    Didn't destroy it! Sending in reinforcements!
    IC6COPDBAGN52GPDRXQYYGBDRPJ2G7MJ.jpeg?1250963140
    edited August 2010
    ^Now we need air reinforcements!

DZVCSHMPGQXFGYAGSGCWAS6ZR7ND4OGO.jpeg?1250963129