So schools starting soon...

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
And I won't be able to watch all the late night [adult swim] shows because I'll be too damn tired in the morning. :(

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    Google them up the next day and watch them. It's what I do :D

You'll lose out on the joy of watching it late night, but if you have no choice, it's the alternative.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited September 2010
    That's no fun at all...
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, school ruins lives :(
    edited September 2010
    OH SHI- I just realized I start school on Tuesday as well :angry:

Damn, what to do with TOTSE withdrawal?
    edited September 2010
    Idk cell phone during class?

Hellish; make a mobile version, pronto!
    m.totse.info
    edited September 2010
    I actually pay attention in my own special zoned out way :o
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited September 2010
    Idk cell phone during class?

Hellish; make a mobile version, pronto!
    m.totse.info

I have said this like a million times. It would make my life a lot easier. But yeah I am in school. But I am too busy for adult swim because of the fact that I am on campus and am barely even in my dorm because I am screwing around. Haha I will just dl the episodes later. Good luck to all students to be and all that are already in school. You have my best of wishes. But above all have fun and fuck every hot bitch you see. Questions anyone.
  • AM33NAM33N Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    I have another month or so to hang around here. so until then I think I'll manage. but this year I seriously have to stop screwing around and put some effort in my academic year. I already failed my first year in university, that's my wake up call I suppose :- ) anyway good luck everyone with their school/university/whatever :- P
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited September 2010
    Well AM33N at least you were woken up. Some people just keep going and going and failing over and over. At least you have some sense about you. Still have some fun but not to much that your studies and class drop down significantly.
  • AM33NAM33N Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    @ jarkof
    thanks, I appreciate it a lot bro :- ) Yeah , I screwed around in my first year thinking things were easy. Well, things turned out to be really hard unless you've been preparing, which I wasn't. First years, put some effort in your academic year or you'll definitely regret it.
    edited September 2010
    Here's one of the most important thiings to remember: If you're just going to play around, why even bother going to school?
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited September 2010
    AM33N wrote: »
    @ jarkof
    thanks, I appreciate it a lot bro :- ) Yeah , I screwed around in my first year thinking things were easy. Well, things turned out to be really hard unless you've been preparing, which I wasn't. First years, put some effort in your academic year or you'll definitely regret it.

Just seriously go out and have fun and screw around. Without that you will go nuts being cramped up with nothing to do but homework. Just prioritize your homework and studies above parties. Join some sports and stay active. Keeps your mind on track. And good luck man you will do great as long as you put your best to it.
  • edited September 2010
    I go back on this Friday. It won't stop me from posting here though. In fact, it will probably help me post more :D I spend the whole day in IT classes, so I'm never far from a computer.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah that is what i thought trx but in reality I have less time to post now. I mean when I was at ITT I might have had a bit more time during labs but not much. But at a campus not even close. Between sports and screwing around I have no time left.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    It's hard to manage time. People here party all the damn time. You have to have fun your first couple years because it gets harder as you go on.
    edited September 2010
    I double checked and class starts Wednesday. I only have 1 hour of class, so I'll go quick, come home, and post :D
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited September 2010
    Haha what about the money you spend on your education mad ijuana. That is a huge waste of money if you fail after investing that much money.
  • edited September 2010
    What usually happens in my class is that I go in, post on &T for almost the whole class. Then when there's about 10 minutes left, I really quickly do all of the work which was set, and still manage to get the top marks in the class for it. Then everyone questions me afterwards, saying "BUT HOW?!". :D
    edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    What usually happens in my class is that I go in, post on &T for almost the whole class. Then when there's about 10 minutes left, I really quickly do all of the work which was set, and still manage to get the top marks in the class for it. Then everyone questions me afterwards, saying "BUT HOW?!". :D

That's usually not how college works, as you go to class to learn, not to do work.
    edited September 2010
    Fucking school starts tomorrow.
    edited September 2010
    What do i need to learn statistics for to become a psychologist:confused: Same with english, spanish (i do pay attention in that though), US history and the other ridiculous classes that i needed for my credits. All i want to learn is psychology, body language and neurology, all the other stuff i learned enough of in high school :mad:

Statistics because you'll have to read up on a lot of research even if you don't plan on doing research. English so you can write papers properly. The other things you've mentioned aren't important :)
    edited September 2010
    What do i need to learn statistics for to become a psychologist:confused: Same with english, spanish (i do pay attention in that though), US history and the other ridiculous classes that i needed for my credits. All i want to learn is psychology, body language and neurology, all the other stuff i learned enough of in high school :mad:

You use stats to perform research experiments.
    edited September 2010
    Also, what year are you in? I finished English forever in first year :D
  • edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    That's usually not how college works, as you go to class to learn, not to do work.

I do learn it all bro. It's an IT class though, it involves a LOT of things which I already know, so I can get away with it a lot of the time. Obviously there are times where I don't know something, and therefore need to listen and learn. It's great though, I love college :D
    edited September 2010
    Ah well that's different then. Lots of people go to class to goof off and never learn the material at all, and then fail. It's :facepalm:. If you know the material then class is mostly redundant.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    And I won't be able to watch all the late night [adult swim] shows because I'll be too damn tired in the morning. :(

I miss adult swim. I only get local television now.:angry:
  • edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Ah well that's different then. Lots of people go to class to goof off and never learn the material at all, and then fail. It's :facepalm:. If you know the material then class is mostly redundant.

Mostly redundant yeah. I'm doing it for the qualifications at the end :D
  • stresstres Regular
    edited September 2010
    i've got an exam on business stats this saturday. I always hated maths and never bothered learning the material in highschool, wish I had.

Spent the past 3 days continuously listening to lecture captures backed to dubstep while smoking bud trying to cram this semesters content.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited September 2010
    I havent checked if there is adult swim on the campus cable yet. I havent even set my tv up yet. To much going on to do that. And yeah :mad:ijuana I know what you mean. It feels pointless to work in classes you dont feel are necessary. But they are all to help you better understand to do things that will come in handy. I mean I can see why history wouldnt really help. But even that there me be some history on past psychologists you will need to look at for some pointers on how to deal with a problem. Every subject plays some role in your education and workmanship. Unfortunately. But hey as long as you pass the classes it means that you learned something and that is good.