Writing about myself

edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I have to write a load of stuff about myself for an application form, and it's so god damn hard to think of relevant stuff. My life has been so plain and dull for so long now, my mind is blank :(

Comments

• stresstres Regular
    edited September 2010
    do not mention totse lol
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Just use general words that cover many areas and tell about your good points. Positive thinking, team player etc.
  • edited September 2010
    It's asking me about experiences which I had in school - I have basically nothing to tell about which is relevant. I can barely even remember school now anyway :D

Same goes for my experiences outside of school :mad:
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    Protip: Bullshitting is your greatest ally.
  • evil_monkeyevil_monkey Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Protip: Bullshitting is your greatest ally.

^Truth.^

Most people think you're exaggerating anyways so if they see your completely honest, sub-par application and assume your lying anyways they'll think you REALLY suck and probably take a dump on it just to be funny.

So basically, just lie.

They can't really prove wheter or not you're telling the truth and unless its a job where you're making at least 30k a year, they won't really check/care.

Good luck. :)
  • edited September 2010
    I hate it on the first day of class when the teachers like "ok lets go around the room and tell our names and an interesting thing about yourself" I'm sitting there like... shit...
  • edited September 2010
    I hate it on the first day of class when the teachers like "ok lets go around the room and tell our names and an interesting thing about yourself" I'm sitting there like... shit...

LOL yeah dude, I hate that so bad. You don't want to talk to anyone in your new class :(
  • edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    LOL yeah dude, I hate that so bad. You don't want to talk to anyone in your new class :(

not that as much as I cant think of anything to say that's not illegal or just makes me sound really lame :facepalm:
    edited September 2010

I always like to troll those games.

One time we did that game where you tell your name, then two truths and a lie. My lie was "My name is Mike," so everyone was just FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU :D
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited September 2010
    It is expected that you lie. These things are really a test of you bullshitting ability.

Do not be afraid to lie through your bare teeth. It is a requirement in these type of things.

EDIT: post the Q in the literary forum, we'll help you hash it out.
  • edited September 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I always like to troll those games.

One time we did that game where you tell your name, then two truths and a lie. My lie was "My name is Mike," so everyone was just FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU :D

Hahaha, so what were your REAL answers? :D

EDIT: post the Q in the literary forum, we'll help you hash it out.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I've pretty much cleared it all up now.
    edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Hahaha, so what were your REAL answers? :D

I like penguins.

I am Asian.

:o