Drink Milk From a Bag

MayberryMayberry Regular
edited September 2010 in Life
128389322_be5f183849.jpg

Milk is sold in bags in several places around the world. In Canada, Eastern Canada uses bags while Western Canada uses cartons and jugs. Milk bags use less plastic than jugs of similar capacity. Each bag usually contains 1 litre and can be sold in bundles of two to four.

What you need:
  • Bag of Milk
  • Milk Bag Pitcher
  • Scissors

Step-by-step:
  1. Place the bag of milk inside the pitcher.
  2. Snip off a tiny portion of the corner at the spout.
  3. Pour the milk.
  4. If you're a regular drinker, a 1 litre bag will be finished before it loses its freshness, but you can always clip the opening with something like a binder clip if wanted.
  5. Place pitcher into the fridge.

Comments

• SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    I think you're running out of ideas :o
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, writer's block :(
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited September 2010
    i thought you said you didnt have milk bags where you were
    edited September 2010
    I didn't, but I've drunk pee from bags, so I'm assuming it's the same method of operation :o
  • edited September 2010
    I still can't get over the "milk in bags" thing. It's just so odd, plus you don't get the pleasure of ripping the cap off the milk when you first buy it :D
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    Milk in a 'bag', isn't right man.

I'm not very fond of milk or anything lactose, but I'd rather take a sip from a carton than...drink from a bag.

You guys are weird.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    They should at least make them with those caps that you twist to stop the flow. Like they have in boxed wine.
    edited September 2010
    Well I guess the main point is to reduce the amount of material and effort used to make the container. I don't really trust things in a bag as well ;)
  • Sandy RavageSandy Ravage Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    I have a Bathroom Reader in my master shitter... I recall reading that in Denmark, milk is sold in frozen or freeze dried sheets. There was another one that was odd as well... I'll try to find it during my next constitutional.
  • edited September 2010
    I recall reading that in Denmark, milk is sold in frozen or freeze dried sheets

Ahahahaha, that's even better! You could use it as a deadly weapon.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2010
    Where I am they give you the option of a bag or bottle.
    I don't think they sell the carton in my town anymore?
    The bags a lot cheaper compared to the bottle.
    However, I'd prefer the bottle.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited September 2010
    ^ Where you are they still have a Deka sign. Deka closed down like 10 years ago, just let it go already :p
    edited September 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    ^ Where you are they still have a Deka sign. Deka closed down like 10 years ago, just let it go already :p
    There is. :eek: Deka? Where?... Hell! We don't even have traffic lights.:p
    We need some new emoticons. One cannot express themselves with such limited resources.:o
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited September 2010
    When I was in grade school, they tried that shit where they gave you bags of milk and a sharp straw to stab it to drink, their philosophy was "LAWLR CUNNADAH IS DOIN EET!"

But in practice, you're essentially giving children fucking MILK GRENADES. haha, that was awesome.

But seriously. They were probably trying to save money, or "thought" they were doing the environment a huge service. But fucking tree's are renewable, and degradable. Plastics are not. Skool phail
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    acid_drop wrote: »
    When I was in grade school, they tried that shit where they gave you bags of milk and a sharp straw to stab it to drink, their philosophy was "LAWLR CUNNADAH IS DOIN EET!"

But in practice, you're essentially giving children fucking MILK GRENADES. haha, that was awesome.

But seriously. They were probably trying to save money, or "thought" they were doing the environment a huge service. But fucking tree's are renewable, and degradable. Plastics are not. Skool phail
    Because we all know it takes a day for a tree to grow, EH?
    edited September 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    Because we all know it takes a day for a tree to grow, EH?

No, a few years. There are trees that are made for such, that grow and can be cut and used within 8 years. You don't need fucking hardwood trees to make milkcartons.
    edited September 2010
    Well even milk cartons are lined with plastic. By just using plastic, they can use the wood for other stuff, like building giant penises.
    edited September 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Well even milk cartons are lined with plastic. By just using plastic, they can use the wood for other stuff, like building giant penises.

Shit, I forgot about that, soda cans too. Goddamn plastics. All up in everything's business! How did school kidlets drink milk in the 40's?
    edited September 2010
    They each got their own cow :o
    edited September 2010
    Haha.

Anyway, we still need to curb our consumption of plastics. If not consumption, then at least amp up recycling of such. Even though, from what I've heard recycling plastic is terribly inefficent.

I can't remember what I was reading, but some material(not sure on) I think was copper, for all that is manufactured 80-90 percent is recycled. That's awesome.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited September 2010
    There are places in Wisconsin that sell milk in bags also. I've seen it.
  • Sandy RavageSandy Ravage Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    spazz wrote: »
    if you dont like milk your a commie,

YOU'RE a commie.
    edited September 2010
    YOU'RE a commie.
    No! YOUS a commie
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited September 2010
    You're a Towel!
  • edited September 2010
    can you just poke a straw in the bag and drink it directly like that?
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited September 2010
    Anything to get some more Bisphenol A into us I suppose...
    edited September 2010

Straws are for little kids and girls.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited September 2010
    lol. Milk in bags.
  • edited September 2010
    They should at least make them with those caps that you twist to stop the flow. Like they have in boxed wine.

Yep, that would be a good compromise between the bag and the carton, less packaging same convenience. Maybe we could have something like a plastic holder that you put the bag/with spout into upside down to make it more like the wine box.
  • edited September 2010

I reckon this would be much easier. Then again, you can't reseal the bag and you're left with a little hole in it.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited September 2010
    Lulz I asked this once in one of the irc's and some guy said he was going to do a tutorial on it as I just didn't believe him..
  • edited September 2010
    kfc v lot wrote: »
    Lulz I asked this once in one of the irc's and some guy said he was going to do a tutorial on it as I just didn't believe him..

Well, thanks to TOTSE, you have this tutorial :D