Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited November 2010
    Stfu abrn
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited November 2010
    abrn wrote: »
    CHANGE THIS FUCKING LAYOUT

This shit is ugly, untotsean, and horrible. Nothing aligns right. The whole crisp look of things is pretty gay but it looks mediocre on the tab and shit BUT U BETTER FIX THAT FUCKING BACKGROUND.

CHANGE THIS SHIT BACK

WHOEVER DID HIS IS A DICKMEAT IDIOT FUCK YOU

totse needs to stay the way it was because there wasnt ONE THING WRONG WITH IT and its also the totse ive been looking at for 10 years and now its the totse that ive been looking at for ten years that somebody badly photosopped and dropped in a puddle

it also seriously take away from the whole retro look of the site, its totse, from 20 years ago you know? that old sturdy stable - not some fancy 2.0 blog aight

sorry but i just fkng hate it and i just drunk drive for an hour

I didn't mind the background change because it was not too drastic, but ultimately I agree with you. I hate change.
    we should go back to ubb :) ( a lot of our problems come from vB imo)

I would like it if we could seriously consider this. It probably will not happen considering the fact that the vB license has already been purchased and we seem to be using it.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited November 2010

This shit is ugly, untotsean, and horrible. Nothing aligns right. The whole crisp look of things is pretty gay but it looks mediocre on the tab and shit BUT U BETTER FIX THAT FUCKING BACKGROUND.

CHANGE THIS SHIT BACK

totse needs to stay the way it was because there wasnt ONE THING WRONG WITH IT and its also the totse ive been looking at for 10 years and now its the totse that ive been looking at for ten years that somebody badly photosopped and dropped in a puddle

it also seriously take away from the whole retro look of the site, its totse, from 20 years ago you know? that old sturdy stable - not some fancy 2.0 blog aight

Remember we're still working on it. We're going to iron out all the kinks until this shit is perfect. Nothing is set in stone yet.

I agree with you on the background, its just not right - although neither was the other. The new one is a step in the right direction, but not refined enough to deem it as the new background.

I also liked the UBB layout. It was sleek, minimal and just 'felt' better. I'm pretty sure we will never go back to it, but maybe re-evaluating the vBul layout should be in order after the overall and mobile is done.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited November 2010

CHANGE THIS SHIT BACK

So you don't like change Huh? I bet you don't run Win98 anymore. Therefore neither should totse.
    As far as Jeffs sturdy stable html went?
    There were roughly 27 images in the layout. Now there are only 2.:fap:

One hour? Gawddamn that's a long way to get on the piss. Wasn't there a bar closer. :eek:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    lol, I hate change. Well, we can always go back to the old layout. But consider this, like bk mentioned that old layout uses bandwidth and it gets accessed all the fucking time. Also, they a layout is outdated cannot be fixed or worked on.

This new layout is in beta. We're working on it. Once everything finishes it will look exactly like the old layout but with few extra features and improvements. I want this layout to be used on cms, galleries and other projects. I have to get this right. I can do this in the background but it's better if everyone sees it and gives feedback.

You're working about minor things, we haven't touched that area yet. So, stop worrying about it. We care as much as you do or even more!
    edited November 2010
    Or whoever don't like it can LRN2QUICKSTYLECHOOSE bottom left hand corner.
  • edited November 2010
    What's not to like? It looks much better than before, and the site is actually a little more responsive and bearable.
  • -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited November 2010
    Don't pay any attention to some babbling drunk you somehow made a moderator, Dfg. The site looks pretty well just as the original web version did near the end of its life, it's fast, sleek, and whatever you're doing is working.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited November 2010
    Get out spectral im piss. You have proved that you incompetent, a fake, and an idiot, so just all around shut the fuck up.

Meh its alright, improvement is a good thing, i just dont like this certain improvement. Still doesn't all align quite well in chrome.

Hell yeah to whoever commented on my ubb thing. I thought the same thing, we should have some serious talks about it, but it prob wont happen and might be a bad idea. That would like completely retro out the site though which might be cool and will make it look different from all the other big sites out there.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited November 2010
    Get out spectral im piss. You have proved that you incompetent, a fake, and an idiot, so just all around shut the fuck up.

Meh its alright, improvement is a good thing, i just dont like this certain improvement. Still doesn't all align quite well in chrome.

Hell yeah to whoever commented on my ubb thing. I thought the same thing, we should have some serious talks about it, but it prob wont happen and might be a bad idea. That would like completely retro out the site though which might be cool and will make it look different from all the other big sites out there.

Only indie faggots like retro shit. :o
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited November 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Only indie faggots like retro shit. :o

i actually live in one of the most indie towns in the world and i talk shit on hipsters 24/7 to their faces. i like old internet shit tho like usenet, bbs, irc, old ass shit like totse and czarka and shit.

honestly the background would look sick if the rest of the site wasnt ugly as all fuck.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited November 2010
    i actually live in one of the most indie towns in the world and i talk shit on hipsters 24/7 to their faces. i like old internet shit tho like usenet, bbs, irc, old ass shit like totse and czarka and shit.

honestly the background would look sick if the rest of the site wasnt ugly as all fuck.

FUCK YEAH. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited November 2010
    Looks like the background image just changed, whoever did that :thumbsup:. Much easier on the eyes being bigger and thicker instead of tiny squiggly lines.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited November 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    Much easier on the eyes being bigger and thicker instead of tiny squiggly lines.

That's what she said :o
    edited November 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    That's what she said :o
    Yep! Mothers say that sort of shit to give their sons confidence. :o
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited November 2010
    Looks like the background image just changed, whoever did that :thumbsup:. Much easier on the eyes being bigger and thicker instead of tiny squiggly lines.

I think so too, but darthvineman and abrn hate it. Skittles dislikes it. O and I did it.
    edited November 2010
    The previous bg image was like watching tv without an aerial. A bit like having sand rubbed in your eyes. ^^^
    It looks better than before although Skittles did mention shading to make it stand out more. Besides that it's better than the previous bg. :thumbsup:
    i like old internet shit tho like usenet, bbs, irc, old ass shit like totse and czarka and shit.

There! does that shit suit you better?
    6nGbQ.jpg
  • DfgRemnantsUnleashedDfgRemnantsUnleashed Semo-Regulars
    edited November 2010
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    Hmm, hopefully this should work.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited November 2010
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited November 2010
    I think so too, but darthvineman and abrn hate it. Skittles dislikes it. O and I did it.

Good shit :thumbsup:. You're always going to have both sides of the argument but I think it looks great and a nice update for the modern interwebz. The old version just looked kind of shitty, even back on the original Totse. It just looked too small and pixelated for my taste.
  • edited November 2010
    If you don't enjoy the background image, you could always use a greasemonkey script to change it to the old image again.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited November 2010
    Good shit :thumbsup:. You're always going to have both sides of the argument but I think it looks great and a nice update for the modern interwebz. The old version just looked kind of shitty, even back on the original Totse. It just looked too small and pixelated for my taste.

Agreed. The site doesn't look outdated anymore but it still is very obviously totse.
    edited November 2010
    Niggers are still stuck in the Stone Ages and see what kind of society they've brought up?

Advancing forward is the best thing to do.
    edited November 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    you could always use a greasemonkey script to change it to the old image again.

I think abrn's reasons for disliking it are not just about personal taste, but also about how this site should appear to new users, I think abrn means that totse should stand out from the rest of the internet, with an older, unique style.

If we have a huge amount of good content, such as restoring all of the old totse threads, then we could afford to have a simpler look because the content would overshadow the style. With enough content, and a historical connection to totse, we would not have to be simple followers that imitate the rest of internet.
    edited November 2010
    vozhde wrote: »
    I think abrn's reasons for disliking it are not just about personal taste, but also about how this site should appear to new users, I think abrn means that totse should stand out from the rest of the internet, with an older, unique style.

If we have a huge amount of good content, such as restoring all of the old totse threads, then we could afford to have a simpler look because the content would overshadow the style. With enough content, and a historical connection to totse, we would not have to be simple followers that imitate the rest of internet.

This could work both ways. To some, it will be "Oh it's pretty unique" but to others it will be "The 90s are over." To appeal to the first crowd, we just need to look unique, which is good going right now. To the second crowd, we need to update. Updating does not mean no more uniqueness. If done properly, we can be as unique as we want, and appeal to both crowds. However, with an old style, we may only appeal to one.
    edited November 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    This could work both ways. To some, it will be "Oh it's pretty unique" but to others it will be "The 90s are over." To appeal to the first crowd, we just need to look unique, which is good going right now. To the second crowd, we need to update. Updating does not mean no more uniqueness. If done properly, we can be as unique as we want, and appeal to both crowds. However, with an old style, we may only appeal to one.

That is all true, but there is the idea that totse has always attracted certain types of people, and that its success came from having those certain types of people. An argument that I have heard from those who oppose change and prefer simplicity is that if totse changes, such as becoming more like social networking sites focused on superficial things, it will bring the wrong type of people. However there is also a great need for new users. The first argument may or may not be true, and ultimately the admins will have to decide what type of community they wish to create.
    edited November 2010
    Lol! Jeffs html and css is far from simple. :D
    edited November 2010
    Jeff was the smartest man of the 90's or at least the smartest person on the internet. I bet he's working in some type of government job now getting paid over 200K a year :rolleyes:
    Fbi%20Icon.jpgHe was working in a government job when he ran totse.:rolleyes:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    vozhde wrote: »
    That is all true, but there is the idea that totse has always attracted certain types of people, and that its success came from having those certain types of people. An argument that I have heard from those who oppose change and prefer simplicity is that if totse changes, such as becoming more like social networking sites focused on superficial things, it will bring the wrong type of people. However there is also a great need for new users. The first argument may or may not be true, and ultimately the admins will have to decide what type of community they wish to create.

Well, in all honestly my plan to have the best of both worlds. We can have two styles for forums and the current layout will get refined more and more to perfectly match the old totse look. But doesn't mean we have to use crappy images etc. We have a cms on the way and it would help if the website stands out and loads faster on any platform.

Under no condition would totse follow the social networking model. Sure we will exploit facebook,twitter, reddit for traffic and users and publicity but we're not going to merge with it.
  • TCO420TCO420 Regular
    edited November 2010
    My few ventures here have shown me that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.:(
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    TCO420 wrote: »
    My few ventures here have shown me that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.:(

Well, it can be made green. Chill it's been few hours. We just moved to the new host. Work is just starting on totse.
    edited November 2010
    TCO420 wrote: »

True! But it's more stickier, skunkier and we have a lot more quality poundage than any other forum.:rolleyes:
  • edited November 2010
    I may be alone in this, but I really dislike the new background. It's just too clean, I liked the old tile. It may have been a bit jaggy but that was part of its charm.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited November 2010
    You're not alone, abrn hated it too. You two haters are more than outnumbered by likers though.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited November 2010
    You forgot to note they're paying for this shithole.
    edited November 2010
    But the majority is what makes this shithole.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    Hey, easy now. We're just working on the layout. Everything will change [mostly within a week] so chill. This whole layout is like a beta test.
    edited November 2010
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    Few CSS revisions. The fonts might size might be different but don't worry it will be fixed. I will revise it more later. Thanks to Bk for working on it.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited November 2010
    Fix hot topics size plz

What hot topics? Where?
    edited November 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    What hot topics? Where?
    The postage stamp to the top right.
    It's an easy fix. I sent Df a solution to rectumfy it.:thumbsup:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    Hmm, the fonts didn't fix :(. I am going to rework on the CSS and fix the dam conflicting forum CSS. Expect a new layout soon [I mean I will try something else]
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    Played withn CSS for an hour and got to this point. The CSS is a bit sloppy but found major conflicts in Jeff template. I am revising the Vbulletin main CSS to fix some problems. I am trying to find a way to restrict the expanding window issue which basically happens because we have different limits set for the images. Also, the layout atm is in pixel. We tried em but it didn't work that well.

But no worries, we will make it elastic but I think I should fix the Vbuletin internal CSS. It ain't pretty but hey someone has to do it. Again thanks to Bornkiller and skittles for helping me out.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    Fuck yeah, fixed the horizontal rape problem. :D. Now, the whole forum moves. Which means we can control it. I love CSS :D.
    edited November 2010
    It's b00deful. *sniff*
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    ^lol, it's not finished yet. I need to do TONS OF more work on it. I should start working on CMS theme as well.
    edited November 2010
    Now all you need to do is make the content and top nav longer & it would be perfect.:thumbsup:
    I kinda like hot topics on the left. Who else likes it like that?
  • edited November 2010
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Now all you need to do is make the content and top nav longer & it would be perfect.:thumbsup:
    I kinda like hot topics on the left. Who else likes it like that?

It kinda makes it feel as though the right hand side is missing something :(
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    It kinda makes it feel as though the right hand side is missing something :(

Not exactly missing something. The forum and the nav bar can be extened towards the right side. I found some problems here and there and I might need to do something up and down to make things right. Btw this same layout is being use for the cms. So, when we fianlly nail this down, the CMS would be ready as well. Assuming everything works.

Now I really need some rest. I don't enjoy coding that much and some times css just rapes you :p.

Thanks for being patient :).