A bit of an introduction
If you’re anything like me, you think racing games are brilliant. There’s just something I love about driving a car around a racetrack, or smashing head on into a bus. I also love my PC, and I’ve chosen to use my PC for gaming instead of buying a console. It’s been this way for a few years now, and although I never really had any complaints, I noticed that using a keyboard for playing racing games wasn’t the best idea. Buttons are either on or off with a keyboard, meaning you can’t steer properly like you can with a joystick on a controller.
It’s not just racing games, either. A whole range of other platforms also suffer from this problem, and I find games such as Grand Theft Auto or beat-em-up’s much easier to play using a controller. Can’t say the same for FPS though, as everyone knows that PC pwns FPS games through the roof. Anyway, enough of the introduction – I’m going to show you how to get a PS3 controller working on your computer, and how to emulate an Xbox 360 controller so you can play all your Windows games
- Head over to Motioninjoy and download the appropriate exe file, depending on your system.
- Don’t follow the guide on the site. The drivers are signed now, and you don’t need to follow the stupid x64 instructions!
- Once you have installed the application, leave it closed for a second.
- Plug in your PS3 controller through the USB port. Windows should do it’s thing, and install some device drivers.
- Next, open up DS3Tool! You should be presented with the “Driver Manager” screen (if you’re not, just browse there manually).
- Press the “load driver” button, and wait for the computer to do it’s thing.
- Hit the “Home” button, and your controller should be connected! I now advise you to calibrate the buttons and joysticks.
How do I emulate an Xbox 360 Controller?
Just click the option for Xbox 360, and then hit the “Enable” button. You can also set up the mapping for the buttons using the options menu.
How do I calibrate the analog sticks?
See the button at the bottom of the Home screen which says “Game Controller Panel”? Click it, and run through the wizard.
Let’s play some games!
Yeah, go do that. Just make sure that when you run the game, you configure your controller while you’re in game as well! If you forget to tell the game you’re using a controller, you won’t be able to play.
Discuss – http://totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=9200